Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Buying a do it yourself week, who closes?

Jun 13, 2024

I am going to buy a TS week for Kauai, HBR. The current owner is using the do it yourself method, how are closing costs or a closing company chosen for this method? Do I provide my own closing company or can Redweek help me out?

Chris
Jun 13, 2024

chrisl796 wrote:
I am going to buy a TS week for Kauai, HBR. The current owner is using the do it yourself method, how are closing costs or a closing company chosen for this method? Do I provide my own closing company or can Redweek help me out?

Identification of closing entity in a DIY resale timeshare transaction is a matter to be decided and mutually agreed to between the buyer and the seller. Different closing entities charge different amounts (and there may also be "transfer fees" imposed entirely separately by the resort; buyer and seller must obviously also agree as to who will pay that separate cost).

I have used LT Transfers many times over the years as both a buyer and a seller. Small business, friendly and competent, located in Georgia, probably the lowest cost closing entity you will find anywhere. However, some closing entities apparently will no longer handle HI timeshare transactions at all --- I don't know if LT Transfers is one of them or not, but it would be easy enough to inquire if at all interested in using their services.

I have no affiliation with LT Transfers; I am just a satisfied customer who has used their services 7-8 times over the past 15 years.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 15, 2024 03:46 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.