General Discussion

is buyatimeshare company legit

Apr 13, 2012

Is buyatimeshare.com a leitimate company and if not how are they rated so high by the better business bureau

Ivan B.
Apr 14, 2012

ivanb23 wrote:
Is buyatimeshare.com a leitimate company and if not how are they rated so high by the better business bureau

What are you looking to do? Buy a timeshare? Sell yours? Rent one? Rent yours out?

I looked at the webpage out of curiosity. Some zero- and negative-value timeshares (Orlando, FL area) were listed for sale in the tens of thousands of dollars! That's usually (but not always) the sign of a scam company.

I'm not going to quickly say they are a scam without having more details. But whatever company you're dealing with, never, ever pay a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
Apr 15, 2012

ivanb23 wrote:

Looks like buyatimeshare.com is in cahoots with Jason Trembley, owner of sellmytimesharenow.com, who claims to not charge and upfront fee when he actually does (bait and switch). His company is listed on buyatimeshare.com .... also in reviewing the sold timeshares on the above site, no one in their right mind would pay $40,000 or anywhere near a 5 figure price for a timeshare in this economy when many are being given away with owners paying closing ..... many are listed on that site as being sold for 5 figures.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 15, 2012 08:16 AM

Oct 31, 2012

NO, THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMMERS GOING - I lost $1700 to these deceptive people who guaranteed my timeshare (points system) would be sold as there is a demand for multi-destinational resorts, etc. To date, I haven't had one call and it's been listed for over 2 years. If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

Christine L.

Last edited by christinel252 on Oct 31, 2012 04:12 PM

Nov 01, 2012

If anyone is in any doubt as to the legitimacy of a company they should contact Alberto Garcia at: customercare@mindtimeshare.com Mindtimeshare is the web element of the enforcement section of the Resort Development Organisation and Alberto is a former Spanish policeman who writes a monthly blog about rogue timeshare companies. He dedicates his life now to exposing frauds. He is always keen to hear about new dodgy companies who he investigates and whose names he publishes on his monthly newsletter. I would urge all timeshare owners thinking about getting rid of their timeshare to look at his website and check if the company they are thinking of using are on his list of scammers.

christinel252 wrote:
NO, THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMMERS GOING - I lost $1700 to these deceptive people who guaranteed my timeshare (points system) would be sold as there is a demand for multi-destinational resorts, etc. To date, I haven't had one call and it's been listed for over 2 years. If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

Anne M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.