The Royal Sands

Rental for a night or two

Dec 10, 2006

If we needed to rent a room for a night or two, do I need to contact ISCO for availability?

Also, if we're coming for two Royal Weeks, what are the chances that we'll get the same villa for 2 weeks? Would the resort try to work things out so we don't have to move?

Susan B.
Dec 13, 2006

I would contact ISCO for the extra nights.

If you have exchanged to get the two weeks, chances are that they are going to be in two different units. The exchange documents should show that. It's most likely that you will have to change units from one week to the next. The Royals are fairly helpful in moving your luggage from one unit to another. Check with your concierge.

Jim W.
Dec 17, 2006

susan2085 wrote:
If we needed to rent a room for a night or two, do I need to contact ISCO for availability?

Also, if we're coming for two Royal Weeks, what are the chances that we'll get the same villa for 2 weeks? Would the resort try to work things out so we don't have to move?

Definitely ask upon check in. (or email ahead of time then ask again upon checkin). We made an extra trip to our home resort in October, and we had two villas on opposing sides of The Royal Islander. I emailed the resort ahead of time asking for a ground floor unit for one of them, which we got, and on check in, they switched our other villa to be right next door (also ground floor). It was perfect. I've found that emailing them ahead of time does work, and they have always worked hard to honor our requests.

Shannon B.
Dec 17, 2006

shannon191 wrote:
susan2085 wrote:

Definitely ask upon check in. (or email ahead of time then ask again upon checkin). We made an extra trip to our home resort in October, and we had two villas on opposing sides of The Royal Islander. I emailed the resort ahead of time asking for a ground floor unit for one of them, which we got, and on check in, they switched our other villa to be right next door (also ground floor). It was perfect. I've found that emailing them ahead of time does work, and they have always worked hard to honor our requests.

About your extra nights...

You might check out www.omcancun.com. This is a publication by owners of Royal Resorts.

Shannon B.
Apr 25, 2007

I rented thru omcancun.com in March 2007. It was very easy and alot cheaper than going thru the ISCO. The owners sent a letter to ISCO telling them when we would be arriving. We also had a copy of the letter with us. The resorts was expecting us when we arrived. The only problem we had was the resort wanted to charge an extra fee for a small child in the lock off for the one night before our weeks villa stay. They ended up not charging it after alittle discussion.

Cindy M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.