The Manhattan Club

the manhattan club

Apr 25, 2008

howardb21 wrote:
Yes June, I have Three new years week on red week now for over six weeks, and no takers, normaly in the past I have at least five people bidding on them the first day of post, the bast three years they were rented in 1st week of post, not so this year, there is Just too mutch uncertainty in the ecomony right now Colleen, only the rooms from the 24 fl. to the 16th are compleatly refurbish, I just did A update two weeks ago at MC now they are working from top to bottom,now started from 15th to 3rd floor, on the 2nd fl are the new Meteropolitian suites Howard

Thanks a lot Howard

Colleen K.
May 05, 2008

I have been an owner since 1998, but have just discovered this forum. In my 10 years of ownership, I have watched the developer totally oversell the building while the owners become less and less able to use what they have paid for. Management response varies from "finding a room" to outright lies to make you go away. I have wasted thousands of dollars being unable to use nights I was entitled to. I am happy to see the talk of legal action...I am ready. There is power in numbers, so dissatisfied owners need to band together.

Diane O.
May 05, 2008

Why do you people spent so much time dissecting the Manhattan Club. lt is just one of many available accomidations in NYC, just go to hotel partners and you will be have your NewYork experience. l have probably tried 20 times to get into that place, save your blood pressure for the real NewYork experience.

Charles K.
May 05, 2008

pixie wrote:
pixie wrote:
jonathan2 wrote:
veratop wrote:
Hi everyone, I am another dissatisfied owner that can not get her 4 days this year. We own 3/4 split Junior Studio since 2004. Until this year we had no problem reserving our days. This year I called in April, and there were no availability this year. Since the time I on a waiting list, that works very strangely I must say. I am willing to join any protest action that you plan. I believe we should have the right to contact other owners, in other words, get the owners list. Shall we write to the 2 owners board members and request an action from them? They should be able to represent us not just once a year but whenever there is an issue that management can not resolve. Tell me what do. I plan to write a letter to Attorney General. You can reach me at vera_80@hotmail.com just put 'MC Owners Protest Action' in the subject. Buy the way we may need to bradcast the situation on the inernet. Any ideas on other sites where it will get out to other dissatisfied owners? Vera
Vera, See if you can write to someone to get the list of all the other owners. I doubt you can. The MC makes sure that this list is not distributed and I believe the only way to do so is to file suit. Jonathan

What happened to Peter? I thought he might be our legal avenue.

I just wrote to Ray Jacobs, the head of Timesharing Today. I had been told by one of the NY Owners Group that he is an attorney and has helped people before. I will let you know if I hear from him. There was also a suggestion that we form a MC Owners Group on Yahoo. I don't know how to do that. It's obvious that to get anything done, we must be persistent, consistent and resolved to see the MC treat owners in a just way. Colleen

Colleen, I am a very angry, long time owner of 2 Manhattan Club gold flex units and have just learned about this forum. In addition to posting a message and joining the Yahoo group (waiting for approval), I am wondering if you ever heard from Ray Jacobs or any of the attorneys who had contributed to this forum. I am prepared to write a letter to the AG, and do whatever else I can to bring attention to this unacceptable situation, including joining a class action lawsuit to force different policies. Thanks, Diane O.

Diane O.
May 05, 2008

charles671 wrote:
Why do you people spent so much time dissecting the Manhattan Club. lt is just one of many available accomidations in NYC, just go to hotel partners and you will be have your NewYork experience. l have probably tried 20 times to get into that place, save your blood pressure for the real NewYork experience.

Charles, Just to clarify my motivation, "We people" are not interested in other accommodations when we have already paid big time for these accommodations.

Diane O.
May 06, 2008

dianeo43 wrote:
pixie wrote:
pixie wrote:
jonathan2 wrote:
veratop wrote:
Hi everyone, I am another dissatisfied owner that can not get her 4 days this year. We own 3/4 split Junior Studio since 2004. Until this year we had no problem reserving our days. This year I called in April, and there were no availability this year. Since the time I on a waiting list, that works very strangely I must say. I am willing to join any protest action that you plan. I believe we should have the right to contact other owners, in other words, get the owners list. Shall we write to the 2 owners board members and request an action from them? They should be able to represent us not just once a year but whenever there is an issue that management can not resolve. Tell me what do. I plan to write a letter to Attorney General. You can reach me at vera_80@hotmail.com just put 'MC Owners Protest Action' in the subject. Buy the way we may need to bradcast the situation on the inernet. Any ideas on other sites where it will get out to other dissatisfied owners? Vera
Vera, See if you can write to someone to get the list of all the other owners. I doubt you can. The MC makes sure that this list is not distributed and I believe the only way to do so is to file suit. Jonathan

I just wrote to Ray Jacobs, the head of Timesharing Today. I had been told by one of the NY Owners Group that he is an attorney and has helped people before. I will let you know if I hear from him. There was also a suggestion that we form a MC Owners Group on Yahoo. I don't know how to do that. It's obvious that to get anything done, we must be persistent, consistent and resolved to see the MC treat owners in a just way. Colleen

Colleen, I am a very angry, long time owner of 2 Manhattan Club gold flex units and have just learned about this forum. In addition to posting a message and joining the Yahoo group (waiting for approval), I am wondering if you ever heard from Ray Jacobs or any of the attorneys who had contributed to this forum. I am prepared to write a letter to the AG, and do whatever else I can to bring attention to this unacceptable situation, including joining a class action lawsuit to force different policies. Thanks, Diane O.

Diane, I guess I gave up in many ways. I never spoke with Ray Jacobs because it seemed that there wasn't enough interest. That was months ago. I don't know why that popped up again. I am just now renting my first week in June for $1,000. after starting at $2,000. Had no inquiries until it went down to $1,000. Guess it's better than nothing since we don't want to go to NY this year. Keep in touch everyone. Colleen

Colleen K.
May 06, 2008

pixie wrote:
dianeo43 wrote:
pixie wrote:
pixie wrote:
jonathan2 wrote:
veratop wrote:

Diane, I guess I gave up in many ways. I never spoke with Ray Jacobs because it seemed that there wasn't enough interest. That was months ago. I don't know why that popped up again. I am just now renting my first week in June for $1,000. after starting at $2,000. Had no inquiries until it went down to $1,000. Guess it's better than nothing since we don't want to go to NY this year. Keep in touch everyone. Colleen

Colleen, Can you speak with Ray Jacobs now? It looks like there is plenty of interest in changing things. I've just learned of another owner who thinks of selling his unit. He can join us too. Vera.

Vera T.
May 06, 2008

why is everyone talking about renting their units ? If you are not going to use them maybe if you didn't book the time the owners that would like to use theirs might have a chance to get in. the cancellation policy stinks. Especially near the holidays. There should be a reconfirm 72 hrs prior to arrival date and no penalty for cancellation in December. You should be able to carry over any December cancellation for 60 days. Ther are enough people on wait lists in Dec to fill those rooms. right now if something comes up and you will not use your room you get penalized for cancelling. So people just do a "no show" which means the MC can't cancel their room because they still may show up. And then others that would use that room don't get a chance. Maybe the way to help things get better is to adopt better booking rules at the annual meeting. Also to get the sales dept to stop using the MC for prospective owners stays. Put them up down the street like they used to do.

Janet R.
May 08, 2008

Just want to inform any new posters here that there is also a Manhattan Club Owners group at: www.groups.yahoo.com/group/manhattanclubowners/join Howard

Howard B.
May 27, 2008

Perhaps together, we can make changes.

Please consider joining the Yahoo group.

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/manhattanclubowners/join

Lucy A.
May 29, 2008

I have used RCi to stay at the Manhattan Club in the fall of 07. I can not emphasize enough the valus of the location relative to the cost of the lodging experience. Perhaps, if I relate the quality of our experience in Manhattan as a result of the location it will be helpful to prospective purchasers or exchangers.

NYC is a town of complete serendipity (we are natives). Our first night in, we walked to an early supper on Broadway (the whoel Upper West Side [UWS] of Manhatan is like little Europe). As we walked past Lincoln Center on the way home we walked over to the Metropolitan Opera and caught the last two disount tickets for the orchestra at the lavish opening of Mozart's Magic Flute (spectacular). The next morning was a free rehersal at Carnagie Hall acroos the street after breakfast at the Carnagie Deli. The evening brought 1/2 price Brodway play courtesy of TKTS. The week passed quickly and wonderfully. Our specific unit at the club was small and upgraded with LCD TVs and ok furniture. We had no time to interact with staff in any deep way but all luggage and maid interactions in passing were efficient and firendly as were our tips.

Overall the MC is only 4 star in appearance and furnishings and often the greed of individual developers and specific owners in overselling or underappreciating can give timeshare a bad name. The location of this property and the opportunities it presents elevates it to 5 star. The demand will always exceed the supply. Help keep management fair and get in when you can!!

Paul G.
May 29, 2008

howardb21 wrote:
Yes June, I have Three new years week on red week now for over six weeks, and no takers, normaly in the past I have at least five people bidding on them the first day of post, the bast three years they were rented in 1st week of post, not so this year, there is Just too mutch uncertainty in the ecomony right now Colleen, only the rooms from the 24 fl. to the 16th are compleatly refurbish, I just did A update two weeks ago at MC now they are working from top to bottom,now started from 15th to 3rd floor, on the 2nd fl are the new Meteropolitian suites Howard

Dear Howard,

I specialize in one property in the California Coast called the San Luis Bay Inn. Due to rules and regs by the California Coastal Commision, more can not be built. The property furnishings keep being upgraded. It was an old Glen Ivy property. I own about 11 units and can trade or rent. When I have advance requests, I can usually get what people need. This property is also in an oversold condition due to what i perceive as high pressure tactics by Sunterra. The Location is wonderful.

Paul G.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 29, 2008 02:32 PM

Jun 04, 2008

lucy109 wrote:
Perhaps together, we can make changes.

Please consider joining the Yahoo group.

I would like to join robcarey@optonline.net

Bob C.
Jul 22, 2008

Hi MC Owners,

I too am extremely frustrated at the outrageous maintainence fee this past year $1919.00. My husband and I have been trying to use our week and have been told repeatedly that no rooms are available. We would certainly join in a litigation suit against the MC. Please keep me informed. Thanks,Karen

Karen A.
Jul 22, 2008

karena245 wrote:
Hi MC Owners,

I too am extremely frustrated at the outrageous maintainence fee this past year $1919.00. My husband and I have been trying to use our week and have been told repeatedly that no rooms are available. We would certainly join in a litigation suit against the MC. Please keep me informed. Thanks,Karen

Karen, please join us in discussion here:

Lucy A.
Jul 22, 2008

Hi Karen: Join the owners group and learn what' s going on: go to: manhattanclubowners@yahoogroups.com

Frank V.

Last edited by frank972 on Jul 22, 2008 07:34 PM

Jul 26, 2008

lucy109 wrote:
karena245 wrote:
Hi MC Owners,

Karen, please join us in discussion here:

Karen A.
Jul 26, 2008

frank972 wrote:
Hi Karen: Join the owners group and learn what' s going on: go to: manhattanclubowners@yahoogroups.com
How do I join?Please help?Iwould like to rent my unit at MC how do I go about doing this. What is the procedure? I have never done this before but do to the outrageous maintainence fee I have no choice. Would appreciate some advice. Thanks Karen

Karen A.
Jul 26, 2008

Karen, Paste this into your browser: www.groups.yahoo.com/group/manhattanclubowners/join

You will be taken to the owners group. then ask to join. We're trying to work together as owners to improve our experience with MC. In addition, you can post rentals of your unit on Red Weeks or Tug, or other groups.

Lucy A.
Jul 26, 2008

Karen, do you have your dates of your week for this year? If so you can go to Redweek.com and list it. I don't know if MC will rent it for you. go to www.manhattanclubowners@yahoogroups.com and join. Maybe one of the owners on that site has the answer to whether MC rents your dates.

Frank V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.