The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Dec 17, 2015

So I just finished reading the latest communication Mr. Wasser is sending to the AG regarding our cause. I am not a lawyer but the letter is very compelling and I think it may have an impact on Mr. Schneiderman and his group. We now have 26 people in our group represented by Mr. Wasser and while this is impressive, we would have more influence with the AG (not just my opinion) if we had many more. Granted it costs each of us $500 to join, but rest assured that Mr. Wasser is not getting rich off of these fees.

Mr. Wasser has spent many more hours for our cause than he has been paid and is very dedicated to our case against the Manhattan Club sponsors.

Please reconsider joining our group so that when Mr. Wasser sends his next letter to the AG, there will be 100 of us on his list. Please contact me or Mr. Wasser if you wish to discuss this further. Jonathan

Jonathan P.
Dec 17, 2015

The latest communication from Mr. Wasser, the lawyer some TMC Owners have retained, emphatically states that the judge will pay close attention to the volume - and not so much the contents - of letters from the wronged parties ( that's us).

It is vital that every TMC owner PAST and PRESENT write to the Judge. This is our first real chance to impact the outcome of this investigation to TMC owners' benefit. The New York Attorney General is representing the State of New York not TMC owners.

WRITE a letter NOW to!

Justice Eileen Rakower, Supreme Court of the State of New York 71 Thomas St. Part 15 New York, New York 10013 The case number is 451536/2014 and the case title is Schneiderman v. Eichner.

Irene S.
Dec 17, 2015

I also want to get out of manhatten club timeshare. the assoc fees alone are reason to get out of there.

Marilyn P.
Dec 17, 2015

I HAVE WRITTEN MINE ,FROM ARGENTINA PLEASE OWNERS

WRITE a letter NOW to!

Justice Eileen Rakower, Supreme Court of the State of New York 71 Thomas St. Part 15 New York, New York 10013 The case number is 451536/2014 and the case title is Schneiderman v. Eichner.

MARIA JOSE majofernandezcastano@hotmail.com emesweaters@hotmail.com

Maria J.
Dec 17, 2015

We came upon this forum by chance, and have been keeping in touch with the intrigues of the Manhattan Club for some months. Like many others we felt aggrieved we could not use TMCNY as it was sold to us. Clearly the information which has been unearthed about the alleged fraud which is being perpetrated against us, has caused us much distress. I have written to Judge Rakower expressing our views, and will be joining Mr Wasser's group too.

Many thanks to Redweek and all the active contributors to this blog which is most helpful and informative. Being in the UK, we are too remote to participate in person, unless visiting TMCNY, but we will contribute were we can.

John D.

Last edited by johnd2089 on Dec 18, 2015 08:35 AM

Dec 17, 2015

Is there any way to check if our high maintenance fees were co-mingled with the constuction and/or maintenance costs of the attached 2 buildings [hotel and residence]? Two elevator shafts of hotel go through time share building.

Elaine B.
Dec 18, 2015

elaineb, co-mingling of funds as you described, is illegal.......would you put it past eichner from doing ANYTHING illegal for his and his gang's monetary gain? i wouldn't.

keep in touch,

chris

elaineb133 wrote:
Is there any way to check if our high maintenance fees were co-mingled with the constuction and/or maintenance costs of the attached 2 buildings [hotel and residence]? Two elevator shafts of hotel go through time share building.

Chris V.
Dec 19, 2015

Thanks to all for sharing in this forum. I am sending my letter today! I was advised by a timeshare sales company to withhold payment of maintenance fees, but have been hesitant to do so for fear it will affect my credit rating... Does anyone have any advice on this front?

Thanks, Lynne

Lynne W.
Dec 19, 2015

THE ADVICE FROM ALMOST ANYONE ASKED ABOUT PAYING MAINTENANCE IS ............NOT SURE.....TRY IT..... I HAVEN'T PAID.....CHECK WITH AN ATTORNEY (WHO REALLY ISN'T SURE ANYWAY)..... PAY OR NOT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS............................................IN OTHER WORDS, NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE A CLUE WHAT WE SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT DO. WE'RE CERTAINLY NOT GETTING ANY HELP FROM THE NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN, WHO SHOULD HAVE NEW YORK INVESTORS' INTERESTS IN MIND. TRUE, SCHNEIDERMAN IS NOT OUR ATTORNEY IN THE CASE AGAINST THE SCAM AND FRAUD RIDDEN MANHATTAN CLUB , BUT HE WORKS FOR NEW YORK STATE, SO NEW YORKERS AND THOSE WHO INVEST IN NEW YORK STATE PROPERTY SHOULD RECEIVE SOME HELP/BENEFIT/RESTITUTION/RETRIBUTION FOR SCHNEIDERMAN'S EFFORTS. I DON'T SEE THAT HAPPENING ANY TIME SOON. EVERYTHING SCHNEIDERMAN DOES SEEMS TO BE IN LEGAL WRAPS FOR NO ONE, EXCEPT THE COURT, TO SEE. BY NOW WE SHOULD BE GETTING SOME, AT LEAST, SUBSTANTIAL INFORMATION FROM SCHNEIDERMAN CONCERNING OUR LEGAL POSITIONS REGARDING THIS FRAUDULENT CLUB'S ACTIVITIES DIRECTLY AIMED AGAINST US, OUR RIGHTS AND OUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS..........................AGAIN, NOT SO.

OH WELL, PAX FOR THE HOLIDAYS

KEEP IN TOUCH

CHRIS

lynnew89 wrote:
Thanks to all for sharing in this forum. I am sending my letter today! I was advised by a timeshare sales company to withhold payment of maintenance fees, but have been hesitant to do so for fear it will affect my credit rating... Does anyone have any advice on this front?

Thanks, Lynne

Chris V.
Dec 20, 2015

It is amazing and a bit frightening to me that things have gotten this far with no resolution in sight........honest people who bought into TMC ...... Excited about what they were sold..... Same story here....maintenance fees started at $685 for 3 days one year, and 4 days the next year. Now.....$2300 with restrictions on availability. How in God's name can people get away with this. Like I need this anxiety at this point in my life

Philip P.
Dec 20, 2015

We TMC owners have to insert ourselves into this case and investigation.

The latest communication from Mr. Wasser, the lawyer some TMC Owners have retained, emphatically states that the judge will pay close attention to the volume - and not so much the contents - of letters from the wronged parties ( that's us).

It is vital every TMC owner PAST and PRESENT write to the Judge. This is our first real chance to impact the outcome of this investigation to TMC owners' benefit. We TMC owners have to insert ourselves into The Manhattan Club case and The Manhattan Club investigation. The New York Attorney General is representing the State of New York not TMC owners.

Snail mail letters make a bigger impact. Judge Rakower has more power over this case than the NY AG!! TMC owners are being used by the NY AG to win the case against TMC for the State of New York,

WRITE a letter NOW to!

Irene S.
Dec 20, 2015

I mailed our letter the other day. My final paragraph reads,

"We are in over our heads because of the outrageous maintenance fees and it will only get higher. The Manhattan Club's maintenance is the highest in the industry. We hope you will take into consideration the horror stories the members of this timeshare have shared with your office and hold the Eichners and his associates accountable for their unscrupulous actions. For them to get away with this would be reprehensible and an injustice. It's up to you to uphold the responsibility of your office and ACT in behave of those who have no power in this situation"

irenes93 wrote:

It is vital every TMC owner PAST and PRESENT write to the Judge. This is our first real chance to impact the outcome of this investigation to TMC owners' benefit. We TMC owners have to insert ourselves into The Manhattan Club case and The Manhattan Club investigation. The New York Attorney General is representing the State of New York not TMC owners.

Snail mail letters make a bigger impact. Judge Rakower has more power over this case than the NY AG!! TMC owners are being used by the NY AG to win the case against TMC for the State of New York,

WRITE a letter NOW to!

Harryet E.
Dec 21, 2015

Letter sent today.

James 687

James G.
Dec 21, 2015

I spoke to Mr. Walsh, the law clerk today. The judge on the TMC case has only received 2 dozen letters from TMC owners. The court does not give out email addresses. Use snail mail. Write to the TMC case Judge! Justice Eileen Rakower, Supreme Court of the State of New York 71 Thomas St. Part 15 New York, New York 10013 The case number is 451536/2014 and the case title is Schneiderman v. Eichner.

Irene S.
Dec 21, 2015

EVERYONE DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THE LAWSUIT. EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEND A LETTER. WE ARE AT THE MERCY OF NOT HAVING ENOUGH PEOPLE TOLD WHAT IS GOING ON, AND THEY ARE AFRAID THAT IF THEY DO ANYTHING THEY WILL LOOSE THEIR OWNERSHIP, WHICH IS WRONG. THEY NEED TO SPEAK OUT, WRITE THIS LETTER, KEEP INFORMED AND TELL EVERYONE THEY KNOW, WHO MAY KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO OWNS AT TMC, AND HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING TO PROTECT THEIR INVESTMENT

Henry D.
Dec 21, 2015

According to a post on Facebook by Irene Small the Judge has. only received 2 dozen letters. I don't see how rhatvis possible but if it's true it's not good news for our cause. I mailed a letter over a month ago.

Suzanne M.
Dec 22, 2015

irene, my letter to Her Honor has been mailed. however we can get a barrage of mail to her should be investigated and demanded of all owners. it's our dollars and what we're not getting from eichner and crew that's quickly swirling down the collective drains of all owners, domestic and foreign. i'll help to reach out to other owners but i need some kind of database of them: phone numbers, email addresses, home addresses, et al. we should all contribute to this effort and do it immediately. please let me know what i/we can do as a victimized group of owners. you're the best at getting the proverbial ball rolling.

keep in touch.

merry/happy................whatever you celebrate this season, but most of all PAX, PAX, PAX......THAT'S QUITE UNIVERSAL.

CHRIS VOLPE

irenes93 wrote:

WRITE a letter NOW to!

Chris V.
Dec 23, 2015

I mailed my letter weeks ago. I wish I had thought to include the fact that there is no access to a data base of owners, in order to inform all owners to write the judge. Many owners may not be aware of this forum or that anything is going on regarding the AG and TMC.

Dks
Dec 23, 2015

Likewise, I mailed mine about 2 weeks ago and have contacted a couple of other owners I know about it. I too wish I had mentioned the lack of an owners data base.

Marco M.
Dec 23, 2015

I mailed a letter about a month ago too.

Sharon M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.