The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Dec 07, 2015

Where can I get/see a copy of the lawsuit? Also, do you own your timeshare or are you still paying for it? What has been advised about continuing to make payments and paying the dues?

Nancy F J.
Dec 08, 2015

We sent off our letter to the Judge today. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season

Marco M.
Dec 08, 2015

Our letter is also in the mail to Judge Rakover. What's the status of Mr. Wasser's lis? Do we need to sign on? If so, how?

Camille K.
Dec 09, 2015

To sign up with Mr. Wasser's group, you can contact him directly at doug@wassruss.com or you can go through TMC owner Jonathan Philipson at jdp441@gmail.com.

Janet H.
Dec 09, 2015

whatever happened to the court hearing on December 1st?????

Barbara D.
Dec 09, 2015

new filings as of December 9, 2015

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=OLYoaNmk/7XQ88N/CXmxzw==&system=prod

Tony A.
Dec 09, 2015

Thank you Tonya.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Dec 10, 2015

HIi! Have you gotten any feedback on how to get out of the timeshare? I've been trying for years with no success. My email is Pegdafittr@aol.com.

Peggy Costello

nancyfj wrote:
Please include my name. I am very interested in what I can do to get out of the Manhattan Club as a timeshare owner.

Peg D.
Dec 10, 2015

New filing as of December 10th

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=SDMF/H7gSK6gu5QfEjOw4g==&system=prod

Tony A.
Dec 10, 2015

Pl include me too . Interested to get rid of Manhattan club time share . I could not open Dec 9 th lawsuit filing . Can someone tell me , how to open it so I can read it . Thanks Vibha Shah My email -- Vibha.m.shah@gmail.com

Vibhavary S.

Last edited by vibhavarys on Dec 10, 2015 04:34 PM

Dec 11, 2015

A TMC owner noted the Manhattan Club has a number of new employees. This is an interesting move on the part of TMC. With an ongoing NYAG investigation, getting rid of the old employees who know where the bodies are buried, a.k.a a coded reservation system that limited the number of owner rooms available is smart. The old employees who knew about the system would have had to commit perjury to protect TMC. While the new employees don't know about this system. I am sure TMC has stopped the practice since the investigation. I learned about TMC's coded reservation system from a former TMC salesperson. TMC owners should list TMC employee names they remember. The old TMC employee names may be helpful to the AG and any lawsuits in establishing TMC's systematic scam operation.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Dec 11, 2015

For the benefit of you recent arrivals to this forum....

In their July, 2015 filing with the NY court, the Attorney General itemizes a remarkable list of allegations of civil and criminal conduct on the part of The Manhattan Club. In reading through the filing, one can't help but be struck by the enormity of the fraud which the Eichners, The Manhattan Club, and related companies have carried on for years. Here is the link to this most recent AG filing. This document is a MUST READ. You may have to cut and paste this link into your browser.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=arMAhc2Z8epneiTXUbb_PLUS_yQ==&system=prod

Based on these most recent allegations by the NY AG, my wife and I have decided to stop paying the mortgage loan on our unit as well as the annual maintenance fees. We have decided not to continue to fund The Manhattan Club's fraudulent, and possibly criminal enterprise, and urge other owners to do the same.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Dec 11, 2015

.....and the Judge said.

"https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=SDMF/H7gSK6gu5QfEjOw4g==

Irene S.
Dec 11, 2015

tonya420 wrote:
new filings as of December 9, 2015

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=OLYoaNmk/7XQ88N/CXmxzw==&system=prod

I can't open this. What happened on December 9????

Stephen H.
Dec 11, 2015

I am having issues opening this link.

David H.
Dec 11, 2015

Irene, thank you so much for this information regarding Judge Rakower's response. I'm surprised she is asking for oral argument and find her transparency promising. Carol

Boomer
Dec 11, 2015

Highlight the url if you are using chrome right click and open it. If you are using IE highlight right click, copy and paste into your browser.

Tony

Tony A.
Dec 12, 2015

TMC owner, Libby Fishman, says the Judge's order " means from now until the date of the hearing the attorney general cannot proceed with the testimony of the individuals as planned and the judge will consider the petition to further enjoin the attorney general from proceeding in late January.

The Attorney General's investigation of the Manhattan Club SHOULD NOT BE STOPPED!!! Eichner's high payed lawyers, that TMC owners are paying for, should not be allowed to use legal maneuvers to derail the NY AG's investigation.

Now is the time Manhattan Club owners can impact this case. Let the voices of TMC owners be heard via snail mail letters. Here's the address to write to the judge for The New York Attorney General versus The Manhattan Club case: Justice Eileen Rakower, Supreme Court of the State of New York 71 Thomas St. Part 15 New York, New York 10013 The case number is 451536/2014 and the case title is Schneiderman v. Eichner.

We need to pack that courtroom the date of the hearing in January as well. Every TMC owner must write to the Judge. NOW!

Irene S.
Dec 12, 2015

Irene--The investigations (both civil and criminal) do not have to stop. The judge ordered that the AG's office cannot require the respondents to testify in a civil case before there might be any criminal charges. The respondents have already stated that they would invoke their Fifth Amendment rights. Constitutionally speaking, she could have just allowed their request. If we want any real testimony in a civil action, we have to wait until any criminal charges are filed and adjudicated. Defendants have a constitutional right of not incriminating themselves.---Carol

Boomer
Dec 13, 2015

Hi Carol,

Thanks for that clarification.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.