Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

GRAND MAYAN LUXX VILLAS

Oct 14, 2010

If the dates you want and location are more important to you than actually staying in Luxx or Grand Bliss, you do (I think) have the right to use Grand Mayan which is more abundant. We recently bought Bliss and were told this was an option, especially since these new levels are still under construction.

MD

Mary D.
Oct 16, 2010

Where are the Grand Bliss open? WE have bought into the Grand Bliss? Vallarta Nuevo???? How many units ready?

Vivian M.
Oct 17, 2010

Hi

Yes in Nuevo. They are already sold out for Feb! You may still be able to get a March week. I understood they were opening in November (same time as the 2nd Luxxe in Nuevo) but now I believe its been pushed back to middle of December.

Call reservations asap on Monday!

Karin

Karin G.
Nov 23, 2010

HI RE RIVERA MAYA Just left Grand Mayan and saw the GRAND LUXX. Looks great and front side has ocean view. FIRST CLASS. We upgraded and got more free stuff than we will use....golf,extra weeks etc Found there is a shuttle to Playa thats affordable vs a 50$ cab ride. Must do XEL HA.

Good luck

Bill C.
Jan 19, 2011

Does anyone have any information on the Neuvo Vallarta Grand Luxxe Punta?

Paul C.
Jan 20, 2011

please go to http://www.aimfair.com/ where you will find out much info about all the resorts. This site is run by owners and owners share info as its received

Karin G.
Jan 21, 2011

truly need to make plans ahead of time. It happened to us. We own Grand Bliss and wanted to reserve for April. No way. Only thing we could get was a studio for Grand Bliss ..which now gives us another week ? when. Bottom line..Need to book way in advance. I do believe if your plans change you could cancel (? how many days in advance) and reschedule for a later date. You have paid for a weeks stay therefore reschedule. Key word here

PLAN! I need to send this to my spouse.

Vivian M.
Jan 21, 2011

Absolutely. Try to make your reservations as soon as your Window opens. Since much of the expected inventory for the new Bliss, LUXX etc is not even built yet, be prepared to take what is actually standing! Or to accept a location that is not your first choice. None of them are exactly "chopped liver". MD

Mary D.
Mar 06, 2011

Just returned from a week at GB at NV. Nice enough building, had an ocean view on the 6th floor. Good Staff.

Went to the presentation, what a crock!! I think that the number of visitors is down, IMHO. Lots of building going on, plus lots of landscaping, painting, maintenance, work on the beach, etc.

Gordon E.
Mar 06, 2011

Were you aware of any safety issues? I'd suspect NV might be among the least vulnerable because it is so self-contained, though we rather liked PV where you can walk to the Marina area. Also, if we go to NV, I can't give blood to the Red Cross for a year! That state is considered a malaria threat area. PV is OK unless you wander around the bush too much. MD

Mary D.
Mar 06, 2011

Interesting about the malaria. Didn't know that. Now other safety issues that I am aware of. We had no problems. Were out early in the morning and late at night, but, there were lots of small bugs. Haven't developed a fever yet!!!

All the pools were open, people on the beach, para sailing, etc. Tour operators said that they were busy, but, still not as busy as in the past.

Gordon E.
Oct 21, 2011

Hi.. Have a decision to make..

Owned Mayan Palace.. Upgraded to Grand Bliss.. now faced with upgrade offer to the Grand Luxxe. I have 2 weeks. I am into this for about 35K total for the GB level... I can go to the LUXXE for 23,500. Same Benefits: no MF unless used, one half MF per room every 10 years, Sunpak, XMAS week pkg for 10 years, 6 II Weeks, 2for1 exchange to lower level resorts (ie: GB, MP, etc.)

I would be in this for 58K for the two GL weeks and they will throw in an additional residence week for 10 years. (All Master Suites)

Is this a good deal?

Thanks! Don A.

Don A.
Oct 21, 2011

Please accept this as my opinion only.

I am a GB owner @ NV. I personally wish we had never gotten involved in the timeshare system. The resort there is really beautiful, but, I am tired of them always chasing after more money. Plus, as has been noted, there can be difficulties getting the time you would like.

Again, this is only my opinion.

Gordon E.
Oct 21, 2011

I think tht is a very good package. I have a similar one for little more.

Paul C.
Oct 21, 2011

Thanks for your reply!

We had a very enthusiastic salesman... seemed honest enough... One thing that was unclear to us: What is the difference between being part of the RESIDENCE CLUB verses the previous TimeShare/Vacation Club designation?

Any other perks you think are worth negotiating?

Don A.
Oct 21, 2011

Thanks!

We are at your GB this week (we upgraded last March in Playa del Carmen.) I too was a bit frustrated or overwhelmed with all of the moving parts of these deals. But... I must say, that after staying here and for the moment forgetting about the money... the Vidante group really does provide top notch facilities and vacation experience.

For me, although I know that you can always find a high quality vacation deal and probably over the course of your usable 'vacation life' spend less managing each and every vacation, you would probably spend less than vacations through Vida... However, for me as a work-a-holic, I would never take as much vacation or as regularly as I do now. Sounds ludicrous but maybe this is the FEE I pay for lack of vacation taking discipline! lol

Thanks again for the comments!

Don A.
Oct 22, 2011

I do not know of anything else.

Paul C.
Oct 22, 2011

Thanks!

We just signed about an hour ago!

2BR Master Luxxe Suite, 2 Residence Weeks for 100 years renewable every 10 years for one half MF per week, 1 Residence week for 10 years, Amenities: 16 Rounds of golf per week, 2 - 50 min Massage per week, SeaPak, SunPac, Holiday Weeks through II for 10 years, 6 II Concierge vacation planning assistance per year, 12/10 month advance reservations, jada,jada,jada...

Thanks Again for the advice! Regards!

Don A.
Oct 22, 2011

Hope you can keep track of all those benefits! I think I've given up trying. MD

Mary D.
Oct 23, 2011

18 weeks!!! What was the logic. Why not buy a year round condo. am I missing something

Bryce B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.