The Manhattan Club

the manhattan club

Feb 14, 2008

Janet899 This was brought up at other meetings, and the developer stated the unsold rooms are his,that he can do as he likes with them ,ontill they are sold they are his, and he maintain them ontill they are sold ,like all the new unites on the 2nd floor, as do weeks that he buy back under ROFR

howard21

Howard B.
Mar 19, 2008

We are yet another dissatisfied MC owner. We trade our week last year b/c we couldn't get any days at all. We would LOVE to become involved with a class action suit, and will write to the Attorney General. marjorie

veratop wrote:
Hi everyone, I am another dissatisfied owner that can not get her 4 days this year. We own 3/4 split Junior Studio since 2004. Until this year we had no problem reserving our days. This year I called in April, and there were no availability this year. Since the time I on a waiting list, that works very strangely I must say. I am willing to join any protest action that you plan. I believe we should have the right to contact other owners, in other words, get the owners list. Shall we write to the 2 owners board members and request an action from them? They should be able to represent us not just once a year but whenever there is an issue that management can not resolve. Tell me what do. I plan to write a letter to Attorney General. You can reach me at vera_80@hotmail.com just put 'MC Owners Protest Action' in the subject. Buy the way we may need to bradcast the situation on the inernet. Any ideas on other sites where it will get out to other dissatisfied owners? Vera

Marjorie M.
Mar 19, 2008

gosh: what a revelation. you owners have really gotten the shaft. In discovery,find out how many units are actually owner by individuals.

Charles K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 20, 2008 10:59 PM

Mar 19, 2008

Vera, please consider joining the yahoo mc owners group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/manhattanclubowners/join

Lucy A.
Mar 19, 2008

marjoriem12 wrote:
We are yet another dissatisfied MC owner. We trade our week last year b/c we couldn't get any days at all. We would LOVE to become involved with a class action suit, and will write to the Attorney General. marjorie

veratop wrote:
Hi everyone, I am another dissatisfied owner that can not get her 4 days this year. We own 3/4 split Junior Studio since 2004. Until this year we had no problem reserving our days. This year I called in April, and there were no availability this year. Since the time I on a waiting list, that works very strangely I must say. I am willing to join any protest action that you plan. I believe we should have the right to contact other owners, in other words, get the owners list. Shall we write to the 2 owners board members and request an action from them? They should be able to represent us not just once a year but whenever there is an issue that management can not resolve. Tell me what do. I plan to write a letter to Attorney General. You can reach me at vera_80@hotmail.com just put 'MC Owners Protest Action' in the subject. Buy the way we may need to bradcast the situation on the inernet. Any ideas on other sites where it will get out to other dissatisfied owners? Vera

Vera, is this 2008 weeks you are talking about, as they only take request from 9mths out, they are book thru mid Sept. there are days all the way to Dec. 30 The Manhattan Club has Issues, but I own 8 timeshare and MC is still my favorit, Howard

Howard B.

Last edited by howardb21 on Mar 19, 2008 02:04 PM

Mar 22, 2008

howardb21 wrote:
marjoriem12 wrote:

veratop wrote:

Vera, is this 2008 weeks you are talking about, as they only take request from 9mths out, they are book thru mid Sept. there are days all the way to Dec. 30 The Manhattan Club has Issues, but I own 8 timeshare and MC is still my favorit, Howard

Hi Howard, I was talking about 2007 week. I am surprised I am getting responses to the post, I placed it in September last year, if I remember it correctly. I check yahoo.com group too periodically but it does not look like we have more than 10-15 people all together. This does not sound like a class action to me. This year annual meeting is in August, I believe? Can anything be done about lowering maintenance fees? Does anyone have a plan? By the way, I do not think this is going to violate MC members privacy if we suggest for MC to send (include into an annual letter) a suggestion to add members forum to http://www.tmcny.com/ site. I believe it is being maintained from our maintenance fees, correct? Then we have the right to use it AND LET EVERYONE KNOW IT EXISTS. Would not that be better than to use yahoo or redweek? This may be a place then that every member knows about, we can gradually build momentum for a change there. Any suggestions?

Vera.

Vera T.
Mar 29, 2008

veratop wrote:
howardb21 wrote:
marjoriem12 wrote:

veratop wrote:

Hi Howard, I was talking about 2007 week. I am surprised I am getting responses to the post, I placed it in September last year, if I remember it correctly. I check yahoo.com group too periodically but it does not look like we have more than 10-15 people all together. This does not sound like a class action to me. This year annual meeting is in August, I believe? Can anything be done about lowering maintenance fees? Does anyone have a plan? By the way, I do not think this is going to violate MC members privacy if we suggest for MC to send (include into an annual letter) a suggestion to add members forum to http://www.tmcny.com/ site. I believe it is being maintained from our maintenance fees, correct? Then we have the right to use it AND LET EVERYONE KNOW IT EXISTS. Would not that be better than to use yahoo or redweek? This may be a place then that every member knows about, we can gradually build momentum for a change there. Any suggestions?

Vera.

It took me some time to find a place to vent about the MC. I've just been in the same situation as most of you. Requested a few possible nights in Sept. (not available) requested a night in December (not available and this was 9 months in advance) and just called the toll free number in the RCI Endless Vacation Magazine and said that I was interested in coming into town and purchasing a timeshare but would only be in NYC in Sept and low and behold they said there was limited availability and I should confirm that visit immediately. I then called Owner Services and talked to Jose Rosario who I had talked to a couple of times this month regarding the problem. He claimed that the sales pitch is only for the new Metropolitan Suites and that new buyers would be put there and that is why there is availability. Do I believe that, I don't think so. I guess the people at Owner Services are now so used to people yelling and complaining that they are basically indifferent. They also told me I had 1 more night to use for my '07-'08 term when in fact I have 2. Not that this is doing me any good when I can't get a reservation. This policy of "use it or loss it" is also unacceptable. I think it might be a little better if they would let us carry over any unused nights from 1 year to the next. My husband and I looked at our total cost since our purchase in 10/01 and then divided that by the number of nights and it came out to $550. a night. Well hell I could be staying at the Waldorf for almost that amount. I will be preparing a letter to the board and send it registered mail and see what kind of response I get. One thing that seems to be a common thread is that we all started to have problems starting about 2 years ago. Does that mean that they totalling over sold units. Does anyone know how many weeks they can legally sell since some of it is flex time and some is fixed weeks. I own a Junior Suite, did they take some of the junior suites and convert them to the NEW Metropolitan Suites which now makes the number of suites available to us less. If anyone wants to get in touch with me about doing something as a group I can be reached at elkelsey6349@yahoo.com and just put Manhattan Club Group in the subject line.

Elizabeth K.
Apr 19, 2008

Ok the Annual Owners meeting will be August 6 08 at 9:00 am in the park central Hotel Please BE THERE , cant get room , lets share rooms, I live on Long Island can car pool with other Owners from LI , I have posted this info also on:Yahoo Manhattan club owners group site there are one non-sponsor position available on the board, I am thinking of running (Just thinking) lets get togather and be there I will be at MC on 4/21-22/08 if anyone info I can try and get it , I jusy called Reservetation and there book up for 08/05/08, but I am on wait list Howard

Howard B.
Apr 19, 2008

howardb21 wrote:
Ok the Annual Owners meeting will be August 6 08 at 9:00 am in the park central Hotel Please BE THERE , cant get room , lets share rooms, I live on Long Island can car pool with other Owners from LI , I have posted this info also on:Yahoo Manhattan club owners group site there are one non-sponsor position available on the board, I am thinking of running (Just thinking) lets get togather and be there I will be at MC on 4/21-22/08 if anyone info I can try and get it , I jusy called Reservetation and there book up for 08/05/08, but I am on wait list Howard

Howard, you are a peach and I am going to contribute to your campaign. Please run for it. Then I could vote for someone I feel I know somewhat. I'm considering being at the meeting in Aug., but Alaska is a long way from NY. We're trying to rent our reserved first week of June. i could use the $ for the Aug. trip. Colleen

Colleen K.
Apr 19, 2008

Thanks Colleen,Now I have two votes yours and mine. only have to get about 200 more,and a brief background summary to the nominating committee, Hope you get your June week rented, but summer Hotel rooms are quite expensive in NYC there are 3 non-sponsor board members and 4 appointed by the Sponsor and the Sponsor himself as President,with veto powers, I think ontill we get some relief tru the Courts our goose is Just cook, but that said, we still have to do something in the meantime, well let me start my Campaign off by saying: LUV YU ALL, LOL Howard

Howard B.
Apr 19, 2008

howardb21 wrote:
Thanks Colleen,Now I have two votes yours and mine. only have to get about 200 more,and a brief background summary to the nominating committee, Hope you get your June week rented, but summer Hotel rooms are quite expensive in NYC there are 3 non-sponsor board members and 4 appointed by the Sponsor and the Sponsor himself as President,with veto powers, I think ontill we get some relief tru the Courts our goose is Just cook, but that said, we still have to do something in the meantime, well let me start my Campaign off by saying: LUV YU ALL, LOL Howard

Good luck to all of you owners on getting things squared away at the MC.

I own timeshare w/ 3 different companies;Worldmark, Shell and Intrawest...I am thankful that other than rising maintenance costs at the SF property, I have no problems booking - following appropriate booking guidelines.

I reserved a studio for a week, 9/27 of this year over 1 year ago, recognizing how difficult it is to obtain a reservation in any timeshare in NYC. FYI, I may not use this week, and am considering renting it out, rather than returning it to the rental pool. That is if I can do so without breaking some rule, I assume one can "guest" it and pay the fee. All the issues about the MC being in tattered condition give me great pause. I will have to fly over 5000 miles, and staying in a run down unit is not high on my list.

Would someone who has recently stayed please provide the latest renovation state? Also, if anyone is interested in renting it from me, jot down my username or whatever it is, as I will decide in June as to use, return or rent.

Tammy B.
Apr 21, 2008

tammyb74 wrote:
howardb21 wrote:

I own timeshare w/ 3 different companies;Worldmark, Shell and Intrawest...I am thankful that other than rising maintenance costs at the SF property, I have no problems booking - following appropriate booking guidelines.

I reserved a studio for a week, 9/27 of this year over 1 year ago, recognizing how difficult it is to obtain a reservation in any timeshare in NYC. FYI, I may not use this week, and am considering renting it out, rather than returning it to the rental pool. That is if I can do so without breaking some rule, I assume one can "guest" it and pay the fee. All the issues about the MC being in tattered condition give me great pause. I will have to fly over 5000 miles, and staying in a run down unit is not high on my list.

Would someone who has recently stayed please provide the latest renovation state? Also, if anyone is interested in renting it from me, jot down my username or whatever it is, as I will decide in June as to use, return or rent.

Hey I own 8 timeshare hare in the USA and The Caribbean, all 5 Star and gold crown, and have traded to quite a few, and none compare to The Manhattan CLub Its still is one of The WORLD best and the most requested timeshare in RCI and II We pay high Maintiance fees to have the Best and when its not perfect we ***** and we have that right , I dont want it to look and run like a Worldmark, Shell or Intrawest, If I wanted those I could have Saved a ton of Money and buy those, Before The Manhattan Club sold RCI points and owners turn there weeks over to RCI for points, the MC was perfect, Traders started to come in and thats when MC Start having problems, all MC plates with IT's logo and towels start to Vanish,How Much are you looking toget for your week Thanks Howard

Howard B.

Last edited by howardb21 on Apr 21, 2008 08:20 AM

Apr 21, 2008

Just tried again to get in for December. As of april 18th all nights for the entire month are booked. That's outrageous! I am now wait listed for multiple dates in December. Found out on this last call ( the first time ANYONE in 3 yrs of ownership has said it) that if you book your entire available time for the year at once. 3days, 4days or 7 days, whatever you own. You can book 1 year in advance. But, no changes to the reservation are allowed or you lose the whole reservation. In other words you cannot book 1 yr in advance and then 2 dys before, cancel only one of the days. The whole res will be cancelled and you lose it all. So if you own a slpit week and are going to use it all you can get in before the 9 month rule. It's interesting the more you talk to the res people and complain all these new rules come out. We also found out the second year as we compkained about losing the use of our nights, that the "year" really doesn't end until a few days into January. So the last two yrs we have used some dates on Jan 2nd and 3rd. Most of the decorations are gone but new years sales are in force and the city is still all wintery and fun. And the crowds are not that big. also, I think the 72 hr rule should be changed. Sometimes for those who live close enough even a 24 hr notice is enough on the wait list. But if someone gets within 72 hrs and haven't cancelled, they are better off not calling at all because they will be penalized. So the staff at the MC told me often times rooms go empty because without a cancellation they can't give the room to anyone because the person who reserved it may be coming in the middle of the night. I think all reservations in Dec sghould have to re-confirm within 48 or 24 hrs of arrival and no penalty for last minute cancel for that month because I'm sure they can always fill that room with another owner. janet 899

Janet R.
Apr 21, 2008

howardb21 wrote:
tammyb74 wrote:
howardb21 wrote:

Hey I own 8 timeshare hare in the USA and The Caribbean, all 5 Star and gold crown, and have traded to quite a few, and none compare to The Manhattan CLub Its still is one of The WORLD best and the most requested timeshare in RCI and II We pay high Maintiance fees to have the Best and when its not perfect we ***** and we have that right , I dont want it to look and run like a Worldmark, Shell or Intrawest, If I wanted those I could have Saved a ton of Money and buy those, Before The Manhattan Club sold RCI points and owners turn there weeks over to RCI for points, the MC was perfect, Traders started to come in and thats when MC Start having problems, all MC plates with IT's logo and towels start to Vanish,How Much are you looking toget for your week Thanks Howard

Hmm...wow...moving on.

After reading this forum, it appears that most people have a gripe with the quality of units, and availability...not sure what your purpose was for dumping on WM, IC or Shell .

My post was to ask for an update regarding the condition of the units. I also thought that as many posters have indicated they are having dificulty booking, that perhaps I could rent, exchange or swap for other locales they may own at.

Tammy B.
Apr 21, 2008

A couple of friends and I spent last week, April 11-18th, at MC. It was my second visit in less than a year. Both times I rented the large one bedroom , two bath unit from an owner that I located on Red Week. We're picky, as we have several Hyatts and we LOVED our experience....rooms were clean, very spacious for three, and perfect for relaxing after long days of sight seeing and walking. With the food we purchased from a near-by deli we had breakfast in the room, a cosmopolitan upstairs in the club, checked our e-mail in the business center and enjoyed the close location to the excitement of NYC. I don't know of any other place in Manhattan where I could stay for under $300. a night that would give me all that and more!

Carole D.
Apr 22, 2008

caroled20 wrote:
A couple of friends and I spent last week, April 11-18th, at MC. It was my second visit in less than a year. Both times I rented the large one bedroom , two bath unit from an owner that I located on Red Week. We're picky, as we have several Hyatts and we LOVED our experience....rooms were clean, very spacious for three, and perfect for relaxing after long days of sight seeing and walking. With the food we purchased from a near-by deli we had breakfast in the room, a cosmopolitan upstairs in the club, checked our e-mail in the business center and enjoyed the close location to the excitement of NYC. I don't know of any other place in Manhattan where I could stay for under $300. a night that would give me all that and more!
Thank you Carol for the update on MC. I realize the location is amazing and as you note, the $$$$ saved in not staying at a hotel. I am also rather "picky", and limit exchanges to GC or similar. Your comments were helpful, again Mahalo.

Tammy B.
Apr 23, 2008

tammyb74 wrote:
caroled20 wrote:
Thank you Carol for the update on MC. I realize the location is amazing and as you note, the $$$$ saved in not staying at a hotel. I am also rather "picky", and limit exchanges to GC or similar. Your comments were helpful, again Mahalo.

My adult son spent a week-end last week at the MC. Room was clean, large ( one BR and 2 baths). They used lounge and computer room. Had a fantastic time. Shopped, rested, ate in and out and love the week- end we give him every year. Not next year, though. My husband and I will be spending Christmas week in Manhattan. I made that res. last Dec. Had no problem getting it for the holiday week. I also feel that I couldn't get all my amenities for $300 a night which it what the maint. fee comes out to.

June

June D.
Apr 23, 2008

Are all the units refurbished? I'm confused about that. We're not getting our 1st week in June rented for $1600. I didn't think that's too much. Colleen

Colleen K.
Apr 24, 2008

pixie wrote:
Are all the units refurbished? I'm confused about that. We're not getting our 1st week in June rented for $1600. I didn't think that's too much. Colleen
I had my 2 bath unit on Redweek and Bidshares(President's Week) for 6 months. It was for 5 nights- I couldn't give it away. I ended up renting it for $300.00!! I guess the economy has really affected us.

June

June D.
Apr 25, 2008

Yes June, I have Three new years week on red week now for over six weeks, and no takers, normaly in the past I have at least five people bidding on them the first day of post, the bast three years they were rented in 1st week of post, not so this year, there is Just too mutch uncertainty in the ecomony right now Colleen, only the rooms from the 24 fl. to the 16th are compleatly refurbish, I just did A update two weeks ago at MC now they are working from top to bottom,now started from 15th to 3rd floor, on the 2nd fl are the new Meteropolitian suites Howard

Howard B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.