Closed
General Discussion

point rental liquidators

Dec 03, 2013

larrym463,

Have you gone to Facebook and searched for "Brandon Jon" to see if he looks like the "Thompson" who you dealt with? . Were you also able to recognize his girlfriend Courtney Mencl (pictured with him)? Also check Harrison Maguire, to see if you recognize him. These three are one of the traveling groups out selling the scam.

John M.
Dec 03, 2013

I did check out Brandon Jon. There was basically a mug shot of him. He is apparently a repeat criminal. I don't recall any women working with the group that scammed us, and there was no picture of anyone else on the Brandon Jon site. I will check out your recommendations further and let you know.

Larry M.

Last edited by larrym463 on Dec 03, 2013 06:25 PM

Dec 04, 2013

I searched on Facebook, but couldn't find Brandon Jon.

Tina K.
Dec 04, 2013

His Facebook is Brandon Jon ( don't type his last name ) But that is him. I would know him anywhere. And that is his little girl friend.

Boobie R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 04, 2013 03:13 PM

Dec 04, 2013

For all of you: I just received the documents of the filing of the RCI lawsuit against all the jerks in this scam. Specificlly named are all of the companies, and Brandon Jon Cooke and Joshua Fazenbaker. While R & R Ventures is named as a defendent, there is no mention of Robert Russell or Nonna Russell in the lawsuit. THIS IS A PRETTY HEFTY LAWSUIT. It cites specific instances of people being scammed, how they were scammed, where they were scammed, and who did it, so the complaints must be being listened to. Anyone who has been scammed should keep filing complaints. RCI is asking for injunctive action against these parties to get them to stop their illegal activities. It also sates that "Furthermore, the actions of defendents were undertaken willfully and with the intention of causing confusion, mistake, or deception, making this an exceptional case entitling plaintiffs to recover additional treble damages and reasonable attorneys' fees pursuant to 15 U.S.C. 117" They are also asking for access to all records involved in these dealings, including membership information, contact information, in whatever form. The lawsuit has been filed by Foley & Lardner, one of the most prestigious law firms in the country. If anyone wants more information, let me know.

Larry M.
Dec 04, 2013

Tina: Check out my newest posting below.

Larry M.
Dec 05, 2013

You stated that our complaints are being "listened to"---I filed complaints with the Texas Real Estate Commission, TX Attorney General, and the Federal Trade Commission regarding PRL and Sunset Harbor Resort. The scammers were Hughes DeWailey and Eric Pleuger, and they represented themselves as working for RCI. I owned 5 timeshare weeks, and the promise was that my purchase of Sunset Harbor would allow me to convert my weeks into points---then the points would be rented through PRL. Of course, this was a lie because 4 of my timeshare weeks are not able to be converted (as per contract). But, I didn't know this at the time of negotiations. Hughes DeWailey worked for Silverleaf Resorts (still does) and he told me how many points my Silverleaf weeks would convert to--this is what made me believe him. DeWailey and Pleuger should be charged with SOMETHING! My point is--are my complaints filed in Texas and with FTC being heard in this RCI lawsuit? Have some of you called this RCI lawyer (973-753-6765) to complain? The name of the "business" (ie PRL) has morphed so many times--is PRL included in the lawsuit? Who else can I file a complaint with?

Deborah C.
Dec 06, 2013

James Jones, you are so full of it. You sat and fed me your line of BS and since you told me you were a brother Mason with your Lodge in Branson , I believed you. You lied about EPS paying me for excess points (which I doubt they even got) and what I could do with using VSI among other lies. How can you live with yourself. By going to the Internet, I find that I am one of but a few whom you have scammed. Shame in you and me for falling for your slick garbage, You are worse than the one in the White House at this time

donp196 wrote:
Here's his phony testimonial.

jamesj406 wrote:
You sound like someone that might be a former employee of that company. I purchased with this company bought with sunset harbor and have received checks thru PRL they have treated me with divinity and respect, done everything they said they would but I don't know all that you claim here so you sound like a disgruntled employee. Hope it works out for you

Louis A.
Dec 06, 2013

Did he take his FB page down..BJCooke

Scarlett M.
Dec 07, 2013

As stated above, BJ Cooke now goes under the name "Brandon Jon" on facebook. Just "Brandon Jon", nothing else.

John M.
Dec 07, 2013

PRL is listed as a defendant in the lawsuit filed in Florida. It is described as "a dissolved Nevada limited liability company with its princial place of business in Las Vegas, Nevada" None of the names you mentioned were specifically stated in the lawsuit, however. I will be happy to send you or anyone who wants it, a PDF file of the lawsuit. We need to put a stop to this widespread and damaging criminal activity. lsheets2@wi.rr.com

Larry M.
Dec 07, 2013

Please send me the info you have. Thanks! caterey@myway.com

Reynold G.
Dec 08, 2013

Call Travel Options 954 656 4091 and T. J. Jones comes on the answering service. They call all the time (I don't answer as soon as I see the #. It's a scam timeshare operation out of Florida. Just look them up on the internet. Same guy----sounds like it.

Eunice D.
Dec 10, 2013

Update on VSI and the Cincinnati BBB: Joshua Fazenbaker has responded to my complaint by saying that the RCI lawsuit filed by RCI against his company on June 16, 2013 has been dismissed and was found to be without merit. Does anyone have any infromation about this? I put in a call to Foley & Lardner, to ask about the status of the lawsuit, but they haven't responded yet. Foley & Lardner is not in the habit of filing frivolous lawsuits, so I doubt Mr. Fazenbaker's claim.

Larry M.
Dec 10, 2013

It's just another attempt by the scammers to stay in the business of ripping people off. Don't believe a word they say.

Don P.
Dec 10, 2013

I don't. But I do need verification, and will get it.

Larry M.
Dec 10, 2013

Has anyone figured out or been able to get your Monies back from these guys? If so, How?

mbradb7

M Brad B.
Dec 11, 2013

SOME VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL OF YOU!!! I just spent about an hour on the phone with the Foley & Lardner attorney who filed the lawsuit on behalf of RCI. Her name is Mary Leslie Smith. She is very actively pursuing action against R&R Ventures and BJ Cooke (who can't be found). Believe it or not, I am the VERY FIRST PERSON who has called her about this lawsuit. She was very happy to get my story and input, and is interested in acquiring real documents related to these scams. I will send her all I have. I will strongly recommend (again) to ANYONE who has been a victim of this scam to download the transcript of the lawsuit and read it carefully. Or I will be happy to send a PDF file of it to anyone who requests it. She told me that the FTC and several state AG's are actively pursuing timeshare scams, and they need to know everything they can about them, and this one in particular. She is open to be contacted, and very helpful to talk to. Her name is Mary Leslie Smith. Her email address is mlsmith@foley.com Her direct line phone number is 305-482-8406. Her office is in Miami, FL. I can send you her mailing address if you request it. Again, I STRONGLY urge anyone who has been victimized to continue filing complaints and making phone calls. Ms. Smith said complaints to the FTC and the Nevada Attorney General would probably be the most helpful. (I filed a lengthy complant with the FTC yesterday). This is a very encouraging development.

Larry M.

Last edited by larrym463 on Dec 16, 2013 09:03 AM

Dec 12, 2013

I emailed Ms. Smith offering my information and documents on November 1, 2013 at the same email address you supplied and have not received any kind of response at all.

As far as finding Cooke, find Courtney Mencl and where she is living and you will find Cooke. Put him on the do not fly list and you will find him fast since he is still flying almost every week to run the scam in another city. Or, take mobile numbers wee know his is using, and trace them. This should all bepossible because he is a fugitive avoiding the long arm of a federal lawsuit. How hard are they really trying.

I will call Ms. Smith today.

John M.
Dec 12, 2013

Please do. I sent her a packet of about 10 documents today. She would be especially interested in anything that verifies that they used the RCI logo, name, or information in their dealings. Also anything with signatures, cancelled check endorsements, etc. They want to try to find out where the money went. Remember, this particular lawsuit is for trademark infringement, and will not get any of us any money back. But the information we give may help in shutting them down and catching them and ultimately sending them to jail. She also sent me the "consent injunction" settlement against Joshua Fazenbaker that is interesting--too long to go into right now. Keep up the fight.

Larry M.

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.