Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

GRAND MAYAN LUXX VILLAS

Oct 08, 2009

Possibly that the listing was a phoney. I believe that usually the prior ebay sales can be accessed for a number of months.

Paul C.
Oct 17, 2009

How did you make money off of your unit through HSI? I thought you had to pay your maintenance fee before HSI would purchase the week.

Eileen G.
Oct 18, 2009

Hmm. How did Holiday Systems International get into this discussion? In any case, I don't think they do purchase your unit. You can bank weeks with them just as you do with RCI or II,but they have some special deals for Mayan. If you bank early enough they will exend expiring weeks you have already banked and sometimes give you credit for another exchange. We get their requests for our unit but have not used them. MD

Mary D.
Jan 20, 2010

Hi had a question -- We are going to negioate for the grand bliss and play golf. When you say you have free golf added to your membership is that a certian amount like 6 times per year or unlimited. Or is it 6 times per week?? What would be the best to negioate for and get??

Sandy H.
Feb 07, 2010

In response to your golf question. Just upgraded to Grande Luxxe and there are 16 free rounds and two spa treatments per week

Rick B.
Feb 07, 2010

We "upgraded" from Grand Mayan to just plain "Bliss" recently. The incentive was not the unit but the fact that our children would be able to own it with no MF in years they don't use it. We already had that right ourselves but that was age based and this is not. However, we are told that this benefit has now been discontinued on new sales. One can see why! MD

Mary D.
Apr 01, 2010

I've recently purchased Grand Bliss and was sold based on being able to not only sell my present timeshare in florida but also market/rent two bonus weeks at $1000/wk each year and use my other week along with an HSI week. They gave me a list of companies that could sell my week and timeshare and I've learned this past week that they all say different prices and have no proof they've sold before. Of course there's a fee to pay in advance and now I'm wondering if the Mayan sales people are part of a scam to get us to buy. Although I loved the resort and want to go, I counted on renting out weeks and selling my other timeshare. Has anyone had experience renting out their weeks? If so, with any companies they can recommend?

Suzanne L.
Apr 02, 2010

Salespeople will tell you anything to make that sale .... there's no guarantee that any timeshare can be rented out .... as far as the list of resale companies they gave you to supposedly sell your timeshare, if they ask for an upfront fee then they're all scams.

R P.
Apr 02, 2010

If your bonus weeks are in high demand (timesharing is about supply and demand of the resort and time owned) then you can just as easily rent them yourself on timeshare ad sites such as Redweek and/or other ad sites.

R P.
Apr 02, 2010

Ever wonder why bonus weeks are important to the developer?

We all feel we negotiated a great buy when we buy 4 weeks and the resort throws in 15 bonus weeks.

Resort comes along and offers a rental program to rent those excess weeks.

Resort books those excess weeks.

Suddenly, owners are shut out.

Why? The owners allowed the resort to rent their excess weeks, which uses up space owners would have had without the bonus weeks.

We all want something for nothing, right?

Bob J.
Jun 10, 2010

My husband and I recently upgraded to the Grand Luxxe Suite. We feel we paid too much and the only reason we upgraded is becasue we don't have to pay maintenance fee if we don't go and the extra fees we pay every 5, or 25 years when we had the Grand Mayan Studio.

One of the major reason we upgraded is becasue the salesperson told me once I upgrade, we are at whole different level. We like Atlantis very much, I regrat that we told the salesperson and he uses that as sales pitch. He told us once we upgrade, we can exchange to "the Cove" at the atlantis or two weeks at Harborside Resort. He even showed us a booklet listing. As of now, I believe that is a lie but would like someone on this form to confirm.

I am really upset because half of the thing they told us during presentation are not true. If it is not on paper, it won't come true.

Carolyn C.
Jun 11, 2010

Exactly, what is verbally said (re: all the lies), unless you tape record it, has no legal backing .... the only thing that stands in a court of law is the written contract.

R P.
Jun 19, 2010

My wife and I almost upgraded this week. The last offer we received was $20K for Luxxe. We actually signed the contract, but cancelled before the 5 days cencellation period was up.

The Member Services staff we delt with were very professional and processed our cancellation without hassle.

We really liked the Luxxe product. Just not for us right now.

Greg P.
Jul 07, 2010

The first Grand Luxxe Villas in Nuevo Vallarta opened up this past spring. The 2nd building behind is on track to open this Nov/Dec of 2010. A 3rd GL building has begun in front of the first but is just starting.

When staying in these units, request the riverside view. It is fantastic! It looks out across the jungle, onto the southern side of the bay with Puerto Vallarta in the distance. It's peaceful, beautiful and you feel like you're watching a National Geographic movie live with the river and jungle below you.

I work directly for the company. Let me know if you have questions specific to your Grupo Mayan or Grupo Luxxe membership. Members only please.

Happy Vacations!

I S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 07, 2010 05:11 PM

Jul 07, 2010

FYI, and with all due respect, management just confirmed with me that Grupo Vidanta does not condone solicitation of its members by its employees in public or any other locations other than on their properties.

Bob J.
Jul 07, 2010

Is that better Bob? :D

I S.
Jul 20, 2010

Just called to make my Grand Luxxe reservations and they are sold out except for just a couple of weeks through May. How discouraging...main reason to buy was to be able to spend 4 weeks at a time there.

Ann P.
Jul 21, 2010

Don't worry, they haven't released all of the inventory. Keep calling back. I would recommend making your 4 week reservation in the Grand Mayan and switching the reservations over as the time becomes available. If that doesn't work then contact me personally. Good luck!

I S.
Jul 26, 2010

Very much agree that RedWeek may be your best bet. I have rented Mayan Palace time here and just rented out a Williamsburg Wyndham week. MD

Mary D.
Oct 12, 2010

Hi

I am a GL owner for about a year. I am told I have profile A or A+ with special priv. and only1% of owners have this. I call reservations every day if I can find a few minutes. Nothing available for Feb for the GBliss or GLuxxe. Is there anyway you can assist me? You can reach me at karin.g@rogers.com.

kg

Karin G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.