Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

Apr 06, 2010

You can add me to the class. I'm trying PTS. We will see how it goes. I beleive I have all of the original special assessment letters since 1989. 5 years to go and they want $1700 by 5/1. I'm sick. I may alert 20/20. There needs to be an investigation. rickter@kinderforce.com

Richard K.
Apr 08, 2010

If anyone is new to this thread- and want to be involved in a suit - contact the attorney Stuart Sadler at: ssadler@attglobal.net. The more people we have involved the less his fees.

Contact Stuart today.

Good luck to all.

Brook P.
Apr 10, 2010

I too bought into the scam. We are currently staying at the resort. The customer service is poor and the maintenance is not good. The sheets don't fit the beds and the fire alarms go off continually in building 300. We have an infant and this is not fun to get up in the middle of the night and vacate due to malfunctions in the alarm. The front desk associates are not pleasant either. We were promised the indoor water park and they would start building in 2009. They haven't even gotten a permit to build. We were told we would get passes in the mail. We bought into the deeded property part plus the indoor water park because we have 3 children. Well, needless to say, we were scammed. I will be apart of any lawsuit against them. Kim

Kim A.
Apr 10, 2010

Take a lot of pictures. Take pictures of the entire resort. Take pictures of the rooms, the furniture, the appliances. My wife went 6 months ago and did not take pictures.

Take pictures while you are there! And help us all.

Thanks

Brook P.
Apr 10, 2010

Out standing..Please document everything. Pics are important too.

David G.
Apr 11, 2010

Deleted at user request.

Mark H.

Last edited by moholte on May 03, 2010 10:13 AM

Apr 11, 2010

Upon the advice in this forum, I have contacted Stuart Sadler and had a very lengthy conversation with him, and with the hopes that he can help us, I believe I am going to put my faith in him and send him a retainer for his services. As noted in the previous messages that a few others have posted, the more people involved the cheaper the fees for all of us. He says that he will divide a $2500 retainer fee among all those who contact him and are interested in taking this to the next level. Although, he does not make any guarantees, it does sound like he may be our answer. Let's hope so.

Kathleen S.
Apr 11, 2010

My husband and I are interested in the lawsuit, but I am not sure if you went ahead with it or not. We just started to try and get rid of it due to all of the special assessments. Is there a lawsuit in progress?

Stacie B.
Apr 11, 2010

I have recently gotten fed up with the every year "special assessment" Land 'Or wants to impose. I would like to help bring these people in for falsely representing what they are selling. Also I think that an anti Land 'Or Campaign in VA where they have a resort and an office may help.

Patrick B.
Apr 11, 2010

You are not too late.

David G.
Apr 12, 2010

After speaking with Mr Sadler he sent me an email detailing his proposal. If anone calls/emails him he will forward you the same email. I do not want to post what he says, but he did say that if he did not get enough response within 60 days he was going to send everyones money back. Of course I am not sure, but he really sounds like he may be able to help us. Since I am in New York and my attorney does not practice in the State of Virgnia I feel I have to put my faith in one that does practice there. Good luck to all of you, whatever your decision is regarding this.

Kathleen S.
Apr 12, 2010

For any of you out there that want out of your Land'Or contract this attorney seems like a good, forthright guy who can help. If you don't take advantage of his offer now, you may as well plan to continue being angry with Land'Or for years to come - it won't change. So at least send him the retainer fee to get out of your contract - your fees cost your a lot more than the retainer fee. And who knows, once he can look at their books, he might be able to come up with information that will help us get some of our money back - not to mention maybe putting a stop to their unethical, if not illegal, practices.

Mary A.
Apr 14, 2010

Does anyone have a copy of the Public Offering Statement from closing on the Timeshare at Williamsburg? Mr. Sadler is asking for a copy of this.

Kim A.
Apr 14, 2010

Well my wife and I went to the Bahamas again this year for our spring vacation. We usually stay one week at cable beach and one week at Harborside. However this year we traded our Harborside week for a stay in Scottsdale's Westin resort. We weregoing to use our week at Land'Or. This is when we started to learn about the Land'Or ripoff. First we were charge an addition fee of 125.00 or 175.00 for staying during a "High Week" then the $67.00 fee per person for use only at Atlantis Beaches (we were never told about either of these charges wwhen we bought) nor were we informed when we booked our week. Already I was starting to feel uneasy about this place. Then we got the $699..00 assesment for the B>S> reasons everyone has gotten> So I got to this website and realized that Land'Or was dewfinitely in my opinion abuseing members financialy and their main objective was to suck as much money as possible out of their members. I was planning on a confrontation when I got there. However while at Cable Beach we went to a presentation for the Holiday Club when we told the managers about our tale of woe they offered to allow us to trade our Land'Or ownership in on a plan with them and gave us a week at the Wyndum Cable Beach to make up for the week we planned to stay at Land'Or. We met over 15 couples who are members of the Royal Holiday Club and everyone was very Happy with the vacation package they had purchased. My hppiest moment was gettin rid of Lan'Or even if I spent additional money for the Royal Holiday Club it was worth IT!!!!! so I am free of Lan'Or!!! Thanks God Contact me at jwshores@optonline.net and I can give you a sales manager from Royal Holiday CLub to contact if you are interested. I can only say that the people we have delt with at Royal Holiday have always been helpful and so far everything we were told has been true.

John S.
Apr 14, 2010

Ooooh -I'd be careful of this. Do you have a letter from Land'Or stating that they have let you out of your contract? Who paid the transfer fee and completed the paperwork with Land'Or? I hope this works out for you and you didn't just get scammed twice.

Mary A.
Apr 16, 2010

I guess the lawyer sounds great if your in a deeded contract... thank goodness our contract is up in 2025,, I know its still a ways off but paying a lawyer 500.00 fee's and for travel ect... can get a little expensive. I guess we will ride this out, hopefully it wont put us in the poor house. We will still try to end this contract on our own or try to sell for a dollar, anyone interested!

Kathy P.
Apr 18, 2010

Kathy. Tough to beat the company as an individual, thats what they count on. There is comfort in numbers and our experiences are all so similar which makes for a compelling case. I've looked far and wide for a company that could cut this ball and chain. The conventional wisdom is take it to the court as a group.....they need to be stopped. BTW...they called me again last week looking for the $699 and in the course of the discussion the rep admitted that there is no way she would ever sign up with Landor; calling owners was just a job to keep a roof over her head. She thanked me for not biting her head off in the process...i calmy reiterated I NOT PAYING. I'll send that payment to the attorney.

David G.
Apr 18, 2010

I rcvd the email from Mr. Sadler concerning the lawsuit. I am going to go with the 500 retainer to attempt to get out of the contract. I currently owe about $3000 including maint fees and assessments from the last 18 months of refusing to pay. Would like to see a round robin of who else has sent in the $500 retainer. There were originally 6 of us. At this point I see nothing to lose in hiring Mr. Sadler, unless he is phony too. Any way of getting intel on his reputation as a lawyer?

On a different note, someone in this forum posted a note saying they rcvd a final notice from Land'Or addressed to someone else. I rcvd something similar from them with the exact amount we owed. I then photocopied the documents and sent them to the correct address on the cover letter. about 3 weeks later the letters came back undeliverable. Could this be another of Land'or's tricks?

Chris B.
Apr 18, 2010

Its 500.00 retainer, 200.00 a hour,plus travel... I hope he is a honest lawyer

Kathy P.
Apr 19, 2010

I have talked to Mr. Sadler and decided to take the chance that he can help us. He seems to know more about Land 'Or and the people there than I do, as well as our possibilites in legal action. I feel that the very fact that we have a group working with a lawyer will help us in dealing with Land 'Or. I have sent off the retainer however, also feel that we should set up a conference call with the lawyer and the people at "TimeSharing Today" that I have mentioned in earlier posts. That would bring us to the attention of more people and possibly attract more members to our action. The larger the group, the more likely it is that they will have to deal with us.

William B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.