Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

GRAND MAYAN LUXX VILLAS

Sep 15, 2009

How far ahead are you allowed to book Grand Bliss? Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan both seem to be 6 months out only. MD

Mary D.
Sep 15, 2009

They say that you do not need to call further than 6 months ahead. I did not think that you could not call. I have not tried to make any reservations at this time since our Spring Break is over Easter and Winter Break is over Christmas.

Jill G.
Sep 15, 2009

For the Grand Bliss units, you can call 8 months ahead; however, still 6 months for GM or MP.

Mike

Michael K.
Sep 16, 2009

I learned, the hard way, that by 6 months ahead for MP & GM reservations, they do not mean "to the day". If you want a week late in the month, for example, you can reserve the first of the month that is 6 months before your date. Wait till exactly 6 month ahead and you may well find yourself not going to the city you really intended! We wanted Cabo this time and got Acapulco. Oh, well. It will be interesting to see the results of their remodeling. Hope they have not changed the parts we loved! MD

Mary D.
Sep 17, 2009

I bought a from the Grand Mayan and beware about them buying your time share. They actually do not purchase it, they send the paper work to Holiday Equity and they try to sell it. If I were you call Holiday and see if the Deed was transferred. In my case it was not and we got stuck with two time share maintenance fees. Lesson learned, do not trust any a time share sale officer.

Brett F.
Sep 18, 2009

What deed???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never heard of a deed!

Fran B.
Sep 18, 2009

The time share we had or still do has a deed. Our time share was purchased in the United States and came with a deed of ownership. If you sold your previous time share to the Mayan and used Holiday company, it would be in your best interest to call Holiday. Too say the least I was really shocked when I discovered I still owed that trade in time share.

Brett F.
Sep 19, 2009

Holiday Transfer must be required to make the ownership transfer for any property that Mayan takes in as an equity credit.That should be part of you Grand Mayan or Grand Lux purchase contract. Dont let Holiday off the hook especially after you have paid them a transfer fee as well as the last years maintenance fee. Call the Attorney General State of Washington to report their failure to transfer the deed,

Roger K.
Sep 22, 2009

Has any one been to Riviera Maya and witnessed the commencement of construction of the Grand Luxxe or Grand Bliss towers?

Is the Grand Bliss, the tower that is almost completed at Acapulco? Any Grand Luxxe started there?

Puerto Penasco: any Grand Mayan, GB or GLuxxe construction started?

please advise, gracias.

Market V.
Sep 22, 2009

I went to RM in February, I don't think there is any GB or GL in construction.

I have no clue on Acapulco

In Puerto Penasco, I don't believe any GB or GL even close to starting - not sure on GM; I was told by sales people that it was in work, but other sources say not.

Mike

Michael K.
Sep 23, 2009

market1 wrote:
Has any one been to Riviera Maya and witnessed the commencement of construction of the Grand Luxxe or Grand Bliss towers?

Is the Grand Bliss, the tower that is almost completed at Acapulco? Any Grand Luxxe started there?

Puerto Penasco: any Grand Mayan, GB or GLuxxe construction started?

please advise, gracias.

From what we hear, the large tower at the Acapulco Mayan property is the Grand Bliss tower. GL is planned but not ready for construction. May be where the Mayan Palace is located, between the Grand Mayan and Grand Bliss tower, near or on the lake if current plans do not change. Change, they could.

Don't know if construction has commenced in the Luxxe or Bliss buildings at RM, but may have more information after the 10th of October.

A Bliss or Grand Bliss building is underway in Puerto Penasco. Don't know how far along it is though. No GLs in Puerto Penasco though.

May have more info later.

De nada....Bob

Bob J.

Last edited by bob739 on Sep 23, 2009 03:22 PM

Sep 23, 2009

Judging by the topic title, Luxx Villas are part of Grand Mayan. Is that correct? Do they have more complete kitchens with dishwashers and full size appliances? Laundry facilities? What makes them "Luxx?" MD

Mary D.

Last edited by adahiscout on Sep 23, 2009 08:56 PM

Sep 23, 2009

If you were there in February 2009,Michael K, had they rebuilt the Grand Mayan lobby at Riviera Maya? We were there when it burned while under construction. MD

Mary D.

Last edited by adahiscout on Sep 23, 2009 09:03 PM

Sep 24, 2009

Yes, the lobby and GM only pool areas were redone; very nice. However, we still spent most of our pool time in the larger pool area - water much warmer.

Also, we toured the Luxxe Suites and Villas. The suites are somewhat larger and more luxurious than the grand Bliss which is the next generation of the Grand Mayan units. The Villas are another thing all together - much larger, another room and sitting area, more for extended vacations. They will be separate buildings all ocean front. All of the new plans come with free golf and lots of spa stuff. I think first of the Luxxe units will be next year in Nuevo.

Mike

Michael K.
Sep 24, 2009

It sounds like one has to buy into an new resort group every time Grupo Maya builds a new building! MD

Mary D.
Sep 25, 2009

adahiscout wrote:
It sounds like one has to buy into an new resort group every time Grupo Maya builds a new building! MD

They would like you to. Realistically, no need to, particularly not if one is a GM member. I believe that they do plan on phasing out the Sea Gardens.

i originally bought a resale but did upgrade to the Grand Bliss with lots of nice amenities for doing so. I will not move into the Luxxe brand.

Mike

Michael K.
Sep 26, 2009

To rephrase my earlier queston, do any of these new Grupo Maya permutations have real for sure kitchens with dishwashers and full size equipment? Laundry facililties in units? MD

Mary D.
Sep 27, 2009

adahiscout wrote:
To rephrase my earlier queston, do any of these new Grupo Maya permutations have real for sure kitchens with dishwashers and full size equipment? Laundry facililties in units? MD

Not sure on Luxxe. You might go here; it is a website by a Luxxe owner that does have a forum attached; my guess is your answer is in there. If you find your answer, let us know as I am also curious.

http://www.aimfair.com/

Michael K.

Last edited by michaelk397 on Sep 27, 2009 04:37 AM

Oct 07, 2009

Some of you may have heard about the ebay 'sale' of a grupo mayan grand luxxe suite last month for a grand total of around $7,500 for one week residence club ownership. It sounded like a deal too goodto be true. If you check ebay today you will find that this 'sale' has been removed as a past sale. Paul

Paul C.
Oct 07, 2009

So....What does that mean?

Bob J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.