Timeshare Companies

Dream Travel Condos anyone?

Feb 06, 2015

However, if Homeaway repeats property numbers, I'm sorry for the new lady!

Victor M.
Feb 06, 2015

I got filed a complaint and got an email confirmation from the Attorney General's office. It seems that she's wiping all her history from the web. The same property I rented from her at homeaway was also listed at VRBO before, but now it's gone, too. It was there just several days ago. I started to check her credentials when my upcoming travel seems to fall apart, as she can't be reached at all and there's no reservation confirmation. Then I found this thread to see that she's been using the same scheme to scam people for long.

Victor M.
Feb 06, 2015

The Federal Trade Commission has set a unit just for timeshare fraud. Their phone number is 1-877-382-4357. You can summit a complaint with them. If they get enough complaints they will investigate her.

Don P.
Feb 06, 2015

how many people have filed a complaint??? we need to get this done immediately!

Rosanna I.
Feb 06, 2015

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of victims coming forward over the next few months when they try to check into the timeshares that Tonya told them they were confirmed at and they show up with out reservations. To be continued.................

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 06, 2015 02:55 PM

Feb 06, 2015

I have the same issue. I paid her last Friday for unit in Orlando bonnet creek. The ad has been removed but since I used an HomeAway app and I saved the ad in my favorites.

www.vrbo.com/362944

Nancy D.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 13, 2015 09:40 PM

Feb 07, 2015

Nancy- so sorry to hear that you have been scammed along with the rest of us. Hearing that you paid on Friday may void her bankruptcy if she had already planned to go bankrupt before she took your funds. Would you please file a complaint with the Attorney General? Be sure to include this information.

Timesharetopia
Feb 07, 2015

Hello everyone I just found out last night that my condo in Bonnett VRBO 362944 is no longer on the site and I paid $1000 on the 14th of Dec 2014 also that Tonya Williams has claimed bankruptcy. I was suppose to check in on the 14th of FEB 2015, but Tonya Williams has not been responding to emails and now her phone number is not in service. Tonya Williams needs to be in prison for fraud, I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that happens. I think we all need to be in contact through phone, text, or email to make sure she is imprisoned and we hopefully can get our money. We all need to be in this together. I am calling the Attorney Generals office on Monday and I have already contacted the law firm in Tupelo, MS to have my name listed on the compliant list. She ruined my kids Disney vacation and all I want to do is make sure she never has another business like this again. Please everyone respond to this post and lets work together.

Paul A.
Feb 07, 2015

If anyone paid using a credit card summit a claim for reimbursement immediately. As long as you file within the first six months you can have the payment reversed. Let the credit card companies go after her. They can also prevent her from ever using credit cards again and save others from becoming future victims.

Don P.
Feb 07, 2015

Please remember to call the Federal Trade Commission (1-877-382-4357) to report to the timeshare fraud division as well.

Timesharetopia
Feb 07, 2015

In my experience, individuals are more trustworthy than these so called brokers.

I just got fleeced 800 dollars by a florida broker.

Maureen F.
Feb 07, 2015

Maureen - I am sorry that this happened to you. Could you please share the situation?

Timesharetopia

Last edited by sabinef on Feb 07, 2015 03:06 PM

Feb 07, 2015

I received an email from VRBO warning me of this. I sent an email to Tonya questioning the VRBO email and got an automated response from her email account that she has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and I can't contact her. We used her company to book our vacation. Paid her $1200 via PayPal because I didn't want her having our credit card information. I am so mad and frustrated. I have talked to an attorney and plan on calling the one on her email Monday. The resort has no record of our reservation. What a horrible person!!

Leslie S.

Last edited by leslies275 on Feb 07, 2015 07:24 PM

Feb 07, 2015

Leslie - Dispute this through PayPal ASAP! They have protection and are very supportive of their buyers.

Timesharetopia
Feb 07, 2015

I have already opened a dispute. Thank you for your suggestion! Hopefully it works!!

Leslie S.
Feb 08, 2015

Always use a major credit card or especially pay pal for these type of transactions. They should be able to reimburse you with no problem, They probably will ban Tonya from using their services in the future until she makes good on all their loses.

Don P.
Feb 08, 2015

If you were a vendor with Tonya Williams and Dream Travel will you contact me please?

Snowflake
Feb 08, 2015

Has anyone had any success disputing through PayPal? I also paid for an upcoming vacation (Orlando in March) just prior to learning of the bankruptcy filing.

Christina F.
Feb 08, 2015

There should be no trouble recovering your money from pay pal. It might take a little while. Tonya is notorious for not responding probably to pay pal too. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 08, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 08, 2015

Hello,

Most of these posts were regarding folks renting FROM Tonya. I got hurt the other way. I rented my timeshares TO her and now she owes me $$ which it looks like I will not receive. I would not have rented to her if I realized that she was ruining vacations. I've dealt with her for years. I knew she was re-renting and making some money but I thought she was treating her clients fairly.

Eileen M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.