Sep 09, 2008

Me Too!

Lisa C.
Sep 09, 2008

My case with the BBB was also dropped, after they rated them an F. I phoned VISA, but they require the complaint to be made within 89 days. They also mentioned that these terms and conditions may have been on the contract that we signed with Royal Marketing Group, so they may not have been able to help anyway. So that's out. Did anyone have any luck talking to anyone at the Grupo Mayan? I feel ill about doing any business with them at all now.

Kelly L.
Sep 10, 2008

I mentioned the problem with Resorts International Marketing to the salesmen I spoke with in April when I was in Cabo, and in July in PV. (RIM is operated by the same sleezy people, they only formed a new office a few miles north and called it Royal.) They are very sheepish about this topic. I do plan on writing a letter up the ladder, perhaps even to Mr. Chavez, the developer of Grupo Mayan. The BBB is worthless in my opinion.

Lisa C.
Sep 10, 2008

Message deleted

Gina H.

Last edited by ginah64 on Oct 15, 2008 05:00 PM

Sep 18, 2008

After being scammed by Royal Marketing Group, I get a call from Meridian Media Group. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Patricia S.
Sep 18, 2008

It won't get your money back but you could write to the department of consumer services in Fla. On their site is a contact us. Hope it helps. These people really need to be stopped.

Patricia S.
Sep 19, 2008

patricias379 wrote:
After being scammed by Royal Marketing Group, I get a call from Meridian Media Group. Has anyone had any experience with them?
They are connected with timeshareadvisormagazine.com. If they are asking for upfront money to sell or rent your TS, just say NO THANKS.

Mike N.
Sep 24, 2008

I am new to this timeshare business, bought one from Grupo Mayan, followed their advice and sent $299 to Royal Marketing Group, stupidly, all in good faith. Belatedly checking this site, I am dismayed by the apparent dishonesty of this company. Is there any info about the other three companies that Grupo Mayan recommends? Or, if not, is there a reputable rental company I can list with? Any help would be appreciated. Silvian

Silvian S.
Sep 24, 2008

There is no need to pay a third party hundreds of dollars to do what you can do your self, which is list your TS on a website. Besides listing on RedWeek, some of the more popular websites are TUG (tug2.net), myresortnetwork.com, and vacationtimesharerentals.com. These are either free or have minimal membership and/or ad costs.

Mike N.
Sep 24, 2008

I agree-we should all take it into our own hands. But if that is something you just cannot do, or don't want to do, I came across this website, which will list your weeks and yes, they do take a fee for their services, but ONLY if it is rented. Does anyone have any information on this organization? I googled it and so far could not find any complaints. It's called MayanRental.com: www.funsunmexico.comList_Your_Timeshare_with_Mayan_Rental.asp

Gina H.
Sep 24, 2008

Hello Mike, It seems that thousands of people have their timeshare listed on the internet for proctically nothing. Have you had any success? If so what did you do that I'm not doing? If you have the inclination call Meridian Marketing Group at 866-722-8958 ext 223. They have a program I've never heard of befor. They are not an internet listing company. They look good on the BBB web site. I'm curious to hear what you think or anyone else who would like to hear what they have to say. I spoke to Carmen. I can be too trusting so a devil's advocate might help.

Patricia S.
Sep 25, 2008

Hi Mike, Thanks for the advice. I will follow up on it.

Silvian S.
Sep 25, 2008

ginah64 wrote:
I agree-we should all take it into our own hands. But if that is something you just cannot do, or don't want to do, I came across this website, which will list your weeks and yes, they do take a fee for their services, but ONLY if it is rented. Does anyone have any information on this organization? I googled it and so far could not find any complaints. It's called MayanRental.com: www.funsunmexico.comList_Your_Timeshare_with_Mayan_Rental.asp

They state on their website that there are NO UPFRONT FEES to list your rental .... sounds good to me.

R P.
Sep 25, 2008

Yes, but make sure to read thoroughly about it. Once they find a renter, you pay approx $300 to cover their costs (obviously they can't do this for free) and I believe you also pay the maintenance fee. So, you're not getting any where near the amount you were promised with the bogus marketing groups, but you will get something at least.

I did get a response from Florida's attorney general with some helpful websites.

Gina H.

Last edited by ginah64 on Oct 15, 2008 12:58 PM

Sep 25, 2008

I am very interested about the respond from Attorney General of Florida. Our resort is Playa Del Sol Grand and we are still try to fight Royal Marketing Group and the resort for the all this "Practices'" If you can - post the letter on this site. Thank you.

Miriam L.
Sep 25, 2008

Looking for all this notes, I can see only Royal Mayan resort. If anyone was scammed like us with Playa Del Sol Grand resort? I would not believe that we are the only one!!!

Miriam L.
Sep 26, 2008

Here it is:

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum received your email regarding your concerns with Royal Marketing Group. Attorney General McCollum asked that I respond. I apologize for the delay in our response, due to our activation of the Attorney General's Price-Gouging Hotline following Hurricane Ike.

Attorney General McCollum is concerned with all potentially unfair and deceptive trade practices that mislead consumers. By law, this office exercises statutory authority to address consumer fraud under Chapter 501, Part II, Florida Statutes, known as Florida's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Our office focuses its enforcement efforts on business practices by companies which harm numerous consumers in more than one judicial circuit. We use complaints to develop information about patterns of business activity which may indicate the need for formal investigation or action by our office to protect the broad public interest.

The Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes, which is part of the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), regulates the creation, sale, and operation of timeshare plans in the State of Florida pursuant to Chapter 721, Florida Statutes, the "Florida Vacation Plan and Timesharing Act."

For complaints or inquiries relating to timeshares, please contact DBPR. Contact information as well as frequently asked questions about timeshare plans, is available on DBPR's website at:

http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/lsc/timeshare.html

Also, Florida's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Consumer Services (DACS), is the state clearinghouse for consumer complaints and has a voluntary mediation program to assist individual consumers. You may contact DACS online at:

http://www.800helpfla.com/

Or by mail at: 2005 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, Florida 32399. The telephone number is (850)488-2221 or toll-free from within Florida (800)435-7352.

You may contact the Mexico Consumer Protection Agency, Profeco, which assist consumers with complaints regarding purchases based in that country. You may contact Profeco at Av. José Vasconcelos No. 208, 6º Piso, Col. Condesa, México D. F. C.P. 06140, phone numbers: 55-68-87-22; 01-800-468-87-22, or file a complaint via email to: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

To view information in English on Profeco's website, below, click on Atencion al Extranjero "and scroll down the page to the English text"

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/

The following information about foreign timeshare and real estate transactions may also be of interest to you:

http://myfloridalegal.com/newsrel.nsf/newsreleases/22334FF77D6CFA10852573170044A67A

In addition, you may contact the following consumer agencies as you seek to resolve your individual complaint:

Federal Trade Commission Toll-free: (877) 382-4357 Internet: http://www.ftc.gov

Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida (serving Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach areas) Phone: (561) 842-1918 Internet: http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org

Broward County Consumer Protection Phone: (954) 357-5350 Internet: www.broward.org/consumer/

Finally, Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act provides individuals with a private remedy to bring an action for damages, attorney's fees and court costs. If you need legal advice, The Florida Bar offers a Lawyer Referral Service which you may contact toll-free at (800) 342-8060. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may be eligible for low cost or pro bono assistance through a local legal aid office. The Florida Bar can assist you with this process. The Bar's website provides more information about legal aid:

http://www.floridabar.org

Thank you for contacting Attorney General McCollum's Office. I hope this issue can be resolved to your satisfaction.

Sincerely, Samantha Santana Office of Citizen Services

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL. THIS ADDRESS IS FOR PROCESSING ONLY.

To contact this office please visit the Attorney General's website at www.myfloridalegal.com and fill out the on-line contact form. Again, thank you for contacting the Office of the Florida Attorney General.

Gina H.
Sep 28, 2008

I had business dealings with this company and believe they are not a legitimate. I attempted to cancel my account with them and it went nowhere. My experience is similar to the other posting, i.e. no response, delays, etc.Today, I filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General.

Ben D.
Sep 28, 2008

SHUT THESE GUTTERSNIPES DOWN!!!! Everyone who has lost money to either Royal or Resorts International (they are run by the same family) should contact the Attorney General in Florida. Additionally, I recommend writing to the developer of your resort who steered you to these scam artists in the first place. This corruption is widespread. They are CRIMINALS.

Lisa C.
Sep 28, 2008

I say let Redweek rent your weeks-the others are undependable, if that. Close your purse and keep it that way!

Lisa C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.