Timeshare Exchanges

Against RCI/II Rules to Rent out Exchanges

Sep 26, 2007

jillw71 wrote:
What about renting a week that I paid for as an "extra vacation" thru II? I cannot go, so couldn't I rent it for amount I paid for it and buy a guest certificate? Technically, I'm not renting out my home week or exchange.

Nope, still against the rules to 'rent' out a getaway from II.

Edit to add the TOC from II:

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=60&p=legal

Kenneth K.

Last edited by kekouri on Sep 26, 2007 03:02 PM

Sep 27, 2007

kekouri wrote:
jillw71 wrote:
What about renting a week that I paid for as an "extra vacation" thru II? I cannot go, so couldn't I rent it for amount I paid for it and buy a guest certificate? Technically, I'm not renting out my home week or exchange.

Nope, still against the rules to 'rent' out a getaway from II.

Edit to add the TOC from II:

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=60&p=legal

=== Thanks for checking on this. MD

Mary D.
Jul 05, 2013

Selling guest certificates through RCI to companies I received a sales call from Michelle at 1-407-844-3230, (an Orlando area code) representing RCI They're looking for weeks to influence new buyers, so the vacationers have to attend a sales meeting. She had me look at the RCI page describing Extra Vacations for guest certificates http://pgs.rci.com/landing/InsideRCI...ons/index.html . "Extra Vacations getaways are week-long vacations at RCI® affiliated resorts*, for which you do not exchange your week. Instead, you book them with cash, just as you would book a regular hotel stay. That aside, Extra Vacations getaways are just like RCI exchange vacations - you can get the same spacious resort-style accommodations, benefits and amenities that you expect from an RCI vacation! Pricing starts as low as $399USD per week, that comes to only $57USD per night. (We call them "Extra" because we hope you have the extra time to take them!)" . She explained that her company, RCI, will charge as low as $179 for placing each of up to 12 weeks on a list. Banana! Companies will buy a week for $900, which would be remitted to me when the company buys and books the Extra Vacations week certificate they would hold. Roflmao The buying company signs a standard liability form for any damages their company does. . So: money up front. Eeeek! Advertising a list. Gaag!

Harold K.
Jul 05, 2013

Good for you for recognizing that it it an upfront fee and a blatant scam. For one thing, RCI is located in IN and not FL.

There are many scams phoning RCI members and claiming they are somehow connected to RCI. And by the way, no RCI member owns any bonus week or Extra Vacation. Those extra vacations are simply available for members to rent without having to deposit their weeks or points.

Lance C.
Jul 21, 2013

Everyone I "rent" to is a relative.....;)

Christopher L.
Jul 25, 2013

you can sell the getaways right?

Kathy C.
Jul 26, 2013

kathyc90 wrote:
you can sell the getaways right?

No, you're not allowed to sell getaways.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.