Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

GRAND MAYAN LUXX VILLAS

Feb 26, 2009

MORE changes and levels? Oh dear. We went from Palace to Grand and that is quite enough! MD

Mary D.
Feb 27, 2009

as a long time owner of 3 timeshares, and none in Mexico. take a smart pill before listening to the sales pitch,when it is over take your goody prize, go outside roll a jumbo and have a cervesa. Enjoy the experience, but keep your hands in your pockets,because someone else will get to the family jewels before you. charlietuna

Charles K.
Feb 28, 2009

Do the GB and GL have real for sure kitchens plus washers and dryers like most US resorts? How much extra will they charge for what most of us consider "basic"? MD

Mary D.
Feb 28, 2009

Fran B.

Last edited by franb40 on Mar 10, 2009 11:55 AM

Mar 09, 2009

I think law suits are par for the course in the timeshare world. However, inability to say "no" is probably not grounds for legal action. (Unless you are under 18.)

Mary D.
Apr 25, 2009

We purchased 2 x 2 weeks in Nov '07 in GM with 1/2 down and balance 12 months same as cash. We later decided that we really didn't need 4 weeks so we "downgraded" via an upgrade to 1 x 1 in GBliss. We paid an additional 9K for this downgrade but are now happy to have the GB and the shorter time. The accounting dept put a sales person onto us from the PV/NV office and we did the whole change via EMails and signed the docs last week in Acapulco. All was smooth and easy. Looking forward to GB's when they are built, in the meantime GM's will be fine with their lower fees.

Jack S.
Apr 25, 2009

Fran B.

Last edited by franb40 on May 01, 2009 06:29 PM

Apr 26, 2009

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what LUXX and Bliss ARE! How do they differ from Grand? From one another? And have they actually been constructed yet? If so, where? MD

Mary D.
Apr 26, 2009

Fran B.

Last edited by franb40 on May 01, 2009 06:28 PM

Apr 26, 2009

adahiscout wrote:
I'm still waiting for someone to explain what LUXX and Bliss ARE! How do they differ from Grand? From one another? And have they actually been constructed yet? If so, where? MD
You might go to www.aimfair.com for some information.

Bob J.
Apr 27, 2009

for real Bob........I'ld like some explaination of what my money got me! When you find out let me know, too. I have paper and they have my dolars...go figure.

Fran B.

Last edited by franb40 on Apr 30, 2009 06:32 PM

Apr 27, 2009

Thanks for the www.aimfair.com link. That was very useful indeed! We were planning to use our Grand Mayan for the first time this fall, but now are put off by the Swine Flu epidemic and scratching our heads. mD

Mary D.
Apr 28, 2009

adahiscout wrote:
Thanks for the www.aimfair.com link. That was very useful indeed! We were planning to use our Grand Mayan for the first time this fall, but now are put off by the Swine Flu epidemic and scratching our heads. mD

You are welcome.

We are all scratching our heads and hoping this flu does not last too long as we have November reservations.

Interestingly, we came down with the 24 hour flu during our trip last November. Luckily, we had two weeks to shake it. Never been sick during any of our previous trips.

Bob J.
Apr 28, 2009

Bob, you have November reservations already? Have they changed the policy of only allowing reservations to be made 6 months ahead? We aren't quite there yet. Or was this an Exchange reservation? MD

Mary D.
Apr 30, 2009

adahiscout,

I hope you got your questions answered on the Grand Bliss and the Luxxe. Timing wise, my feel is that the first Luxxe building will not be complete in Nuevo Vallarta until probably Spring 2010 and the first GB unit in NV probably not until late 2011 - maybe later in this economy.

I upgraded from the GM to the Grand Bliss and am very happy with the upgrade for my situation. It worked for us even if they never build the Grand Bliss due to negotiated amenities that I can use now. I love the resorts and we go twice a year.

Mike

Michael K.
Apr 30, 2009

You all concerned about November? I'm headed for Cancun in early June.

Michael G.
Apr 30, 2009

adahiscout wrote:
Bob, you have November reservations already? Have they changed the policy of only allowing reservations to be made 6 months ahead? We aren't quite there yet. Or was this an Exchange reservation? MD

Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes.

Bob J.
Apr 30, 2009

"Yes, this was an exchange or "yes" the Mayan policy of only a 6 month booking window has changed? MD

Mary D.

Last edited by adahiscout on Apr 30, 2009 06:18 PM

May 02, 2009

bob739 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:

Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes.

Ernest K.
May 03, 2009

ernestk15 bob739

adahiscout wrote:

Yes, the reservation is an exchange reservation. To my knowledge, there has been no change to the Mayan policies.

Bob

Bob J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.