Timeshare Companies

Dream Travel Condos anyone?

Jan 27, 2015

It appears that she has done this for a long time. As I have said before it appears that she uses this technique to cash flow her business. I hope that all that have had issues post here and on other sites to try and warn as many people as possible. She operates on eBay as well. If you have had issues with her and booked thru eBay you should post your feedback.

Casey C.
Jan 27, 2015

If I understand the law she needs a real estate license to rent timeshares and condos. Check and see if I'm right. If she does need a license then you can file complaints with them and possibly have her license revoked. You can also sue her for damages you sustained due to her irresponsibility.

There should be repercussions for someone who treats people like this. I visited her website and it gives very little information about her. I would also file a complaint with the source she uses to advertise her business. They may now want to be involved with questionable business practices. Use every tool available to warn others not to become victims. Ebay will stop her from doing business if they receive enough complaints.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jan 27, 2015 02:36 PM

Jan 30, 2015

We booked at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Florida for 2 weeks from 18 Dec to 1 Jan 2015. We paid for it in June of this year through Tonya. She told us that we would have to go back down to reception on 26th to get our key rebooked for the 2nd week as it had not uploaded on the system as yet. This is when the trouble began! Cleaners were knocking at our condo door to get in to clean saying that we were marked as checked out. I explained that there must be mistake and made my way down to reception. Reception told me that they had no note of us booked and we emailed back and forth to Tonya. After an hour of emails back and forth she booked us for 2 extra nights. She did offer us elswhere for the full week but it was Wyndham we had booked and had been to before and we loved it. We did not want to move. The following day she said she had problems trying to get us booked any more days at Wyndham and would need to get us elsewhere. A lot of emails went back and forth and we eventually agreed to getting booked into the Omni for 4 nights however it was not a condo. It was 2 rooms and we managed to get them connecting. We had to throw out the food that we had in the condo apart from drinks as there was nowhere to prepare it and be out of the Wyndham by 10.00 am. We were there for nearly 1.45 mins trying to get checked out as problem with Tonya's details and they were trying to charge me for the extra 2 nights. We got that sorted (or so we thought) and tried to check in to Omni. Our rooms were not ready until 4.30 that day. The full day was wasted! Once checked it the resort was nice but we much preferred the Omni. They told us that we would be charged $16 a night for parking to which Tonya agreed she would pay. I was worried on 31 January that we would have the same check out issues so went down to reception to make sure Tonya's credit card details were all sorted and that they would not be taking any funds off me and they said that they had not received confirmation from her. Long story short when we checked out Tonya's husband's card was used to check out. However, there were daily charges of $20 per day per room for just staying at the hotel and we got charged this plus taxes. We had to go get our flight so thought we would deal with this when we got home. When I got home I realised I had also been charged $250 from Wyndham that Tonya was supposed to pay along with the charges at the Omni. I contacted Tonya to ask if we could be refunded this and she have never replied to me about it.

She kept saying she could not get to her files but surely if she has a husband or family member they could get to our files to find out the booking. I was suspicious throughout the second week of our holiday but tried to keep her on side as we needed accommodation. I feel that we were lied to and she just had not booked the accommodation. We have now been left with extra charges and we were on edge for a few days the second week of our holiday as we did not know where we were going to be and if we were going to get charged for it. We work extremely hard all year and have enough worries at work without going on holilday and worrying where we are staying.

Tonya certainly tried to get us somewhere else and was helpful in that respect but I feel that I could not trust her that I would not be out of pocket or that it would not happen again.

Suzanne B.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 13, 2015 09:35 PM

Jan 30, 2015

Please tell us where you found Tonya advertising her company. I'm curious to where she finds her clients. Her website gives no details at all.

Don P.
Jan 30, 2015

She advertises her condos on eBay primarily. Most of her deals are done outside of eBay so you can't leave negative feedback. With all of the issues presented on this forum alone are enough to alert the office of consumer affairs in Mississippi. If you have been mislead or feel Dream Travel and its owners have conducted deceptive business practices, file a complaint with the OCA and the BBB.

Casey C.
Jan 30, 2015

You can also notify Ebay and send them a copy of this thread. Ebay does not permit bad business practices. They will ban a bad business from advertising on their site.

Don P.
Jan 31, 2015

Please contact me privately. I have information that you will be interested in.

Snowflake
Feb 01, 2015

What is her ebay seller name?

Tracey S.
Feb 01, 2015

How do I reach you

Casey C.
Feb 01, 2015

Text me at 8282602697

Snowflake
Feb 02, 2015

I have been trying to get Tonya to respond to me for the past two weeks. I have tried text, phone and email, and she will not respond. Has anyone else had trouble getting her to communicate during this time?

Snowflake
Feb 03, 2015

Read this thread. That's her M O .

Don P.
Feb 03, 2015

Hello Tonya

I have tried reaching you several times with all the same as above that I have read...which makes me very nervous!!! I am to be flying out to Aruba on Feb 8th with no information regarding the paid in full stay at the Playa Linda...I did contact them and they do not have my reservation as of yet...could you please let me know something??? Odams/Guzzetta is the name it would be under.

Kelly O.
Feb 04, 2015

Tonya,

if you are reading this, please respond to us and let us know what is going on.

Rosy C.
Feb 04, 2015

HAS ANYONE TAKLED TO TONYA??????

Ladymv V.
Feb 04, 2015

TEresa,

Please provide me with a telephone number. I have some information I would like to discuss with you. you are also welcome to call me directly at 647-999-2769. please call me asap.

Ladymv V.
Feb 04, 2015

Could anyone offer me any information about Tonya?

Kelly

Kelly O.
Feb 04, 2015

It appears that Dream Travel and Tonya Williams have taken down their website and phone numbers. This is not a good sign for anyone who has deposits for vacations with her and Dream Travel. I would call your destination to see if the vender was paid and you actually have a reservation.

Casey C.
Feb 04, 2015

Sounds like the hammer is about to fall. I advise any victims to make copies of Tonya's posts before she deletes them. You might be able to use them against her if it goes to court. Keep all correspondence and hopefully you may be able to use them if she denies anything.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 04, 2015 01:23 PM

Feb 05, 2015

I would be interested to hear if there are any vendors or brokers that are currently damaged by Dream Travel or Tonya Williams. This would be helpful to consumers to know how far this has gone.

Casey C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.