Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

Jun 11, 2014

Me and my husband are also looking for a way OUT. I was sent a new bill for something everytime we paid up front. I was sent a bill for the assessment even before the actual start date of my contract, but they stated that I was responsible as soon as I signed. Even though I never received my contract for over a year. It was miss placed and not found the 2 times we were at the resort to get a copy and they said we didn't need to worry it would be in the welcome packet sent to my home...which never arrived. These fees are outlandish. If anyone has info on help to get out of this scam I would like to hear from you. Thanks

Kathy M.
Jun 11, 2014

I would like a copy of the questionnaire also. Campbell2774@msn.com Thanks

Kathy M.
Jun 11, 2014

What was the attorney fees from Mr. Stein? Maybe he can help me get out of this nightmare.

Kathy M.
Jun 30, 2014

I have been reading all of the previous posts regarding Club Land'Or and the bottom line is "It's A Rip Off" comparable to a Ponzie scam and we are all the victims. My husband and I have been paying thru the nose for over 17 yrs, and there seems to be no way out! We purchased this dump back in 1996, paid it off in full within the first 24 mos. and we have been paying escalating maintenance and special assesment fees every since. The horrible experiences and deplorable conditions that everyone have talking about in previous postings are the exact same conditions we experienced back in 1997, when we had our first and only visit to that DUMP!! So don't be fooled by these so called great experience postings by "those who shall remain nameless." I did take photos of the mildew, dirty air vents, broken electrical outlet cover, the board under the sofa pillows, MUST I GO ON!! What was suppose to sleep 6 comfortably, bearly accomodated 4 four, we were truly embarassed because we invited a few friends & family to join us. (I still have those photos)

Club Land'Or is a DUMP and a Rip Off and there should be some law to put these owners out of business and to keep them from taking advantage of other unsuspecting victims.

To the person who offered to send a copy of the questionnaire, is that offer still good?

Francina M.

Last edited by francinam2 on Jun 30, 2014 10:02 PM

Jul 01, 2014

francinam2 wrote:
I have been reading all of the previous posts regarding Club Land'Or and the bottom line is "It's A Rip Off" comparable to a Ponzie scam and we are all the victims. My husband and I have been paying thru the nose for over 17 yrs, and there seems to be no way out! We purchased this dump back in 1996, paid it off in full within the first 24 mos. and we have been paying escalating maintenance and special assesment fees every since. The horrible experiences and deplorable conditions that everyone have talking about in previous postings are the exact same conditions we experienced back in 1997, when we had our first and only visit to that DUMP!! So don't be fooled by these so called great experience postings by "those who shall remain nameless." I did take photos of the mildew, dirty air vents, broken electrical outlet cover, the board under the sofa pillows, MUST I GO ON!! What was suppose to sleep 6 comfortably, bearly accomodated 4 four, we were truly embarassed because we invited a few friends & family to join us. (I still have those photos)

Club Land'Or is a DUMP and a Rip Off and there should be some law to put these owners out of business and to keep them from taking advantage of other unsuspecting victims.

To the person who offered to send a copy of the questionnaire, is that offer still good?

I do not have the questionnaire, but look back in the pages on this site, and you will find my information. You may contact me a christinelolsen@hotmail.com. Christine Olsen

Christine O.
Jan 10, 2015

IF YOU WOULD PLEASE SEND ME THE QUESTIONNAIRE ABOUT THE SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE DECISION NOT TO BUILD THE WATER PARK ON SITE WHICH BROKE THE CONTRACT I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION THANKS.

zenaidav wrote:
I also want a copy regarding special assessments. My Special Assessment for 2013 was $2200.

cherylt175 wrote:
Please forward copy of questionnaire and any info I can give attorney concerning these outrageous special assessments fees. creichtil9@gmail.com thank you for your help.

mikep493 wrote:
kathleenl13 wrote:
ericb259 wrote:
I successfully got out of paying "special assessments" when thay sent the bill for the second one. If any of you saved the questionnaire that they used to require you to fill out about the contract you just signed, it defines "special assessments" as special assessments imposed by the Bahamian government. I have a copy of that questionnaire that I filled out if you would like a copy.

Would love a copy please. BudNKat@aol.com

Kim M.
Jan 12, 2015

kimm932, The water park issue is not Club Land'Or. Its Colonial Crossing and I believe there are threads and information for that.

Terri B.
Mar 01, 2015

I would love to get a copy of his questioner as well if you can email it to: mausmail88@yahoo.com Thanks

zenaidav wrote:
I also want a copy regarding special assessments. My Special Assessment for 2013 was $2200.

cherylt175 wrote:
Please forward copy of questionnaire and any info I can give attorney concerning these outrageous special assessments fees. creichtil9@gmail.com thank you for your help.

mikep493 wrote:
kathleenl13 wrote:
ericb259 wrote:
I successfully got out of paying "special assessments" when thay sent the bill for the second one. If any of you saved the questionnaire that they used to require you to fill out about the contract you just signed, it defines "special assessments" as special assessments imposed by the Bahamian government. I have a copy of that questionnaire that I filled out if you would like a copy.

Would love a copy please. BudNKat@aol.com

Michael D.
Mar 07, 2015

I would like a copy also. Paid it off 4 years ago and want out. They told me I could pay a another $8,500 and they would pay it back. I said no. I even said I would give it back to them with anything back from them and they said no.

Kenneth R.
Mar 08, 2015

It is a matter of public record in Henrico County General District Court of Virginia the trial of Trinkle v. Club Land'or AKA Land'or international occurred on July 9, 2012. There was a counter suit filed by Club'or as well. Trinkle prevailed as the plaintiff and the Judge also dismissed the Land'or counter suit. There is about 1-1/2 inches of evidence in the file at the court house. This can be verified by calling the courthouse or going to the courthouse in person to review the file. The records will be available for 10 years from the date of the trial. There where 6 witnesses who testified for Trinkle.

K T.

Last edited by kt72 on Mar 08, 2015 06:50 AM

Mar 08, 2015

If the judge awarded to the plaintiff on subject of special assessments when assessed only by the Bahamian government , the judge should have ordered restitution to all timeshare owners of land'or the amout of such special assessments paid in the past. Each of us should not have to file suit if it was illegal in the first place. Who has who in their back pocket?

Ronald P.
Mar 08, 2015

Unfortunately the Virginia General district court does not work that way. There would need to be a Federal Class Action suit as Virginia does not have class action suits. anyway that is my understand

K T.
Mar 10, 2015

I too would like a copy and any other info regarding how to get out of this timeshare. Like you, my timeshare is paid off and I too offered to give it back and they would not take it. Epbmurra@icloud.com

Any info is much appreciated.

kennethr206 wrote:
I would like a copy also. Paid it off 4 years ago and want out. They told me I could pay a another $8,500 and they would pay it back. I said no. I even said I would give it back to them with anything back from them and they said no.

Barbara M.
Mar 10, 2015

A lot of the information you need to get started is on this blog.

K T.
Mar 10, 2015

A lot of the information to get you started is on this blog. If you are serious, suggest taking the time to read what others have done or how to get information that might help you.

K T.
Mar 10, 2015

there is good help that I am seriously grateful I found, Free at last, thank Redbook for turning me on to others.

Charles B.
Mar 11, 2015

I have been an owner just like the rest of you, and cannot believe we all have been ripped off by this horrible company. I have paid it off years ago, and have only been paying the maintenance fees, but have not paid the special assessment fees, and even though they keep calling, and I just ignore them, and after a letter to Mr. Holt giving him a piece of my mind, they still would not let me sell it back at a small fee, and wanted over $12,000. to buy it back!! They are crazy!!! They now have sent a certified letter, which I am not accepting, and NEED HELP NOW!! Is the lawyer, Charles Huntley, who I should seek as he is representing many of you in a law suit against Land Or? I need legal advice now, and am desperate to dissolve this mess, as I'm tired of losing sleep worrying about what to do. can someone please help us?

Karen V.
Mar 11, 2015

karenv210 wrote:
I have been an owner just like the rest of you, and cannot believe we all have been ripped off by this horrible company. I have paid it off years ago, and have only been paying the maintenance fees, but have not paid the special assessment fees, and even though they keep calling, and I just ignore them, and after a letter to Mr. Holt giving him a piece of my mind, they still would not let me sell it back at a small fee, and wanted over $12,000. to buy it back!! They are crazy!!! They now have sent a certified letter, which I am not accepting, and NEED HELP NOW!! Is the lawyer, Charles Huntley, who I should seek as he is representing many of you in a law suit against Land Or? I need legal advice now, and am desperate to dissolve this mess, as I'm tired of losing sleep worrying about what to do. can someone please help us?

You absolutely must take this action by Club Land'or, seriously! As I understand, Mr. Hundley is not taking any private cases regarding Land'or. Please read all the pages of this blog and you may contact me at christinelolsen@hotmail.com. Please reference in the e-mail that you are contacting me from this blog Christine Olsen

Christine O.
Mar 13, 2015

Karen V- ditto on what Olsen wrote. And take the time to educate yourself if you want some results. There is a lot to learn

K T.
Mar 29, 2015

How are yall getting out of this? They have been garnishing me for YEARS. I just received another judgement and after contacting them again, i was told my contract was until 2030 and would have to continue paying until then. I have never even used this once!! Please help!!!

Jason C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.