Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

GRAND MAYAN LUXX VILLAS

Dec 29, 2008

We got 25 breakaway weeks, no MF, golf (but do not play) that is all I can remember. I was going with what the Saleman said and he did not tell me correctly. I was told I have 1 year I can upgrade to the Luxxe for 29,000 if I want. It sounds like on here that they may not have these built for awhile. So if this is the case, do you feel it was still worth it. They also told me they were on being built on the beach and that is one of the main reasons I purchase, but it sounds like from this forum, that may not be the case. If you find out more I would like to hear about it. I just think the story about these places is different depending on who you are talking too. They said I could upgrade from the Bliss to the GB for another 18,000 but dont think I want to spend more.

Nancy A.
Dec 29, 2008

Nancy,

How much higher is your MF in the Bliss? What does your contract say as to what are the existing Sister resorts? If the Grand Mayan resorts are listed, then the upgrade could well be worth it depending on what you paid. For me, the free golf was what made it worthwhile after a lot of price negotiation. I believe the Luxxe condos and towers will be beachfront.

Michael K.
Dec 29, 2008

When you say upgrade to the Luxxe for 29,000 how many weeks and is it the condo or villa. What did you upgrade from now.... Luxxe will be waterfront bliss will not... in Grand Mayan Los Cabos they had posters of all the different buildings at every site. Puerto Penasco is supposed to be the largest luxxe tower 10 times bigger that a grand mayan building it is supposed to dwarf the Atlantis in the Bahamas..

Rick F.
Dec 31, 2008

They are all in towers. Have you not looked at the plans? You would think Luxx Villas means "villas" on beach, correct? wrong!!

Fran B.
Dec 31, 2008

Our MF is about the same. Another big reason we upgraded as we were told that the Bliss, Grand Bliss and Luxxe were all going to be waterfront property. What I am reading on here sounds different. I have asked this question again this week to them and they said yes...just not sure they all now. Thanks for the input.

Nancy A.
Dec 31, 2008

Ok....sounds like everyone needs some clarification about GM Luxx...

1. you do not have access to Registry Collection 2. GM has black out dates that you CAN NOT book i.e. Spring Break, US holiday weeks, etc. 3. you do not have to pay maintenance fees on the property unless you use it which does include depositing it to another exchange company.

Trust me on this people I have worked with them and for them for numerous years. Unless you plan on traveling back to Grand Mayan every year and go in the off season back to your property. They have the worst customer service ever and when you need to deposit your time in before losing it on October 31st. You need to call at least a week prior to that because GM has so many phone calls coming in that most ppl can never get through. GM has changed their phone number three times in the last year. Also, keep in mind when you call the GM cust service number, all the agents speak spanish, so you better brush on your spanish textbooks.

Once again, I can not reiterate enough that unless you plan on traveling to Mexico every year then do not purchase.

MIkiael M.
Dec 31, 2008

THE LUXX VILLAS ARE HIGHRISES, NOT THE NICE LOOKING ''SAMPLES'' THEY HAVE YOU TO LOOK AT ONE THE BEACH.

Fran B.
Jan 03, 2009

Nancya: what did you original purchase/price and when to be able to upgrade to Luxx?

Fran B.

Last edited by franb40 on Jan 03, 2009 08:34 AM

Jan 03, 2009

Fran, The Luxxe is scheduled to be ready here in Nuevo in Jan of 2010. The building structure here is already complete and they have just put on the roof. It is going quite fast. Cancun is the next opening of the Luxxe and construction has already started there. You cannot rent your Luxxe, because there are no units avaliable...yet. You can also go on Google and take a look at Nayar River , Jungle and Beach Town.....that is also fast approaching and will be built along the Ameca River on our property. You did well with your purchase, and should not worry. We are all looking forward to the Luxxe, as it will be the the most Premier Residence Club not only in Mexico, but possibly the World. The Bliss and Grand Bliss are going to be built in the same style of the Luxxe, however, the square footage and ammenities are very different...You have the top of the line!!

Fran B.

Last edited by franb40 on Jan 16, 2009 12:08 PM

Jan 08, 2009

I am a Grand Mayan owner (only 1 year) - I am confused as to whether Grand Mayan is automatically upgraded to Grand Bliss or whether you have to pay an upgrade fee. Can anyone clarify. We are going to Acapulco next month - originally bought in Nuevo where all of this construction is going on, but want to attend sales pitch and see what they are offering.

Bill H.

Last edited by billh293 on Jan 08, 2009 06:39 AM

Jan 08, 2009

Is this you Bill? Doubt it....anyways, I will be in ACA Jan. 17-22. Anyone else going at this time?

No such thing as "automatic'' upgrade without CASH!!!! This is Mexico my dear! I would see what they have to offer but I originally started in Cabo but like the home base of NV.

Hope someone else can help you with the upgrade stuff. Some have done it, everything depends on how much money they got from you in the first place.

Fran B.
Jan 08, 2009

Bill,

It will be an upgrade to the Grand Bliss. They will give you details if you take the upgrade presentation. There will also be an increase in maintenance fee. Remember, currently there are no GB units built and will not be until sometime in 2010. So, you would have to decide whether the goodies they offer, such as free golf, is worth the extra cash. If you are possibly interested, my advice: take the presentation early, make sure they know you can rescind within 5 days, and negotiate a deal that makes it worth the extra cash ensuring any deals are written into the contract. Also, IMHO, assume HSI membership is of no value. You are in control of the negotiations for the first 5 days.

Good luck Mike

Michael K.
Jan 12, 2009

when and where are you going?

I'll be in ACA Jan.

Fran B.
Jan 12, 2009

Master Grand Luxx or Junior?

Fran B.
Jan 13, 2009

I only have 1 week in condo plus 1 value fair.. most are paying 199,000 for 4 and 4 my locked in upgrade is 9900 u.s for villa from condo. think it is good price and when we go we are going to try to get 1 year advance booking. Reply to This Message rickf75

1 month ago Nov 27, 2008 08:40 AM *******Rick,what condo? didn't know there were condos.....what did you original pay?

Fran B.
Jan 14, 2009

fran you seem to know a lot about this product. I am a owner of the grand luxxe villas and cannot for the life of me figure out how I can exchange this product for equivalent value on any exchange company such as Interval international. The only company in II would be marriot. But even marriott does not have the type of amentities that the luxxe is offering. it seems to me that we have to use mayan resorts exclusively or loose value else where. am I wrong saying this?

Bryce B.
Jan 14, 2009

bryceb wrote:
fran you seem to know a lot about this product. I am a owner of the grand luxxe villas and cannot for the life of me figure out how I can exchange this product for equivalent value on any exchange company such as Interval international. The only company in II would be marriot. But even marriott does not have the type of amentities that the luxxe is offering. it seems to me that we have to use mayan resorts exclusively or loose value else where. am I wrong saying this?

Hi bryceb andFran, I think you are right on! The facilities are going to be spacious and comfortable. II is an exchange company. No different than RCI. Our membership in the GL Residence Club offers more than anything I have seen in II. Around 2001 or 2002, the Four Seasons at Punta Mita was advertised as being an II facility. The relationship never materialized. I have never seen the Four Seasons offering, but we certainly are close. Where else would we go?

BTW, along that same thought, does anyone know what the II value proposition is? We were told that we can use the II weeks to exchange into GL and pay a lower fee than the MF we all pay to Vedanta. It seems that if that were the case, none of us would go through Vedanta. We would all go through II. Any comments on that?

Bob J.
Jan 15, 2009

bryceb and bob;

Would yall email me at frannybeitel@hotmail.com so we can discuss alot of things. I am leaving Sat. the 17th and going to ACA. I have been emailing on of the guys in CS cuz I do not want to give them any more money and actually want to downsize what I bought. I need your help to know the best way for me to handle things. I will also question them on the concerns too. Please response ASAP! Thanks.

Fran B.
Feb 08, 2009

Hi, if you dont mind how much did it cost you to go from the Grand Mayan to the Grand Luxx condo? What is the best rate you have heard of? We were also wondering about extended booking, we have the Grand Bliss now which we paid $10000 above our GM for and have 8 months booking. Do you know if you can insist on longer or not. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Gordon W.
Feb 24, 2009

We are GM owners and have heard about the GB and GL. I understand the GB is still a right to use property but I have heard that the GL is a fractional ownership title property. Is this correct? We will be going to Nuevo Vallarta next month and are anxious to see the displays. On a per week basis does anyone know what they are asking for an upgrade from the GM to the GB or GL Thanks

Sid

David M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.