The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Aug 31, 2014

Good evening !!! I am a four fixed- weeks owner, from 1996,'97,'98, therefore I do not have the problems other owners are suffering, but I never knew this was occurring, and I'm very sorry. As to the employees, you are always very professional, kind, and ready to help any way we owners need. So sorry for this situation, I hope it will be solved satisfactorily for all involved.

Leonor B.

Last edited by leonorb4 on Aug 31, 2014 07:39 PM

Sep 01, 2014

lenorb4, hi, chris here. glad to hear that you're not a part of the majority of complaining MANHATTAN CLUB owners (including me!). you lucked out. as for your comments about the MANHATTAN CLUB EMPLOYEES, i fully agree: my addition=98% fantastic. however, although the reservation department employees are stuck working with the restraints and constraints imposed upon them by their conniving bosses, they have tried being as helpful as they could under their basically crappy working atmosphere. ONE THING: i'm rather surprised that you're not among those MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE OWNERS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ASTRONOMICAL, TOTALLY EXORBITANT AND UNCALLED-FOR RAISE IN OUR MAINTENANCE FEES.

keep watching for further developments. should you want to comment further about my comments pls contact me at cfox863@gmail.com.

leonorb4 wrote:
Good evening !!! I am a four fixed- weeks owner, from 1996,'97,'98, therefore I do not have the problems other owners are suffering, but I never knew this was occurring, and I'm very sorry. As to the employees, you are always very professional, kind, and ready to help any way we owners need. So sorry for this situation, I hope it will be solved satisfactorily for all involved.

Chris V.
Sep 03, 2014

The NY Attorney General's next Court hearing on The Manhattan Club Scam

This Friday, September 5, 2014 at 1pm 60 Centre Street, New York City

All TMC owners are urged to attend.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Sep 04, 2014

I learned that the lead attorney on Manhattan Club's legal defense team is a former attorney from the NYC Attorney General's office! And this relationship is the primary reason the time share owners have had our three prior lawsuits dismissed.

Trusting that with Mayor Bloomberg now out, and new mayor DiBlasio in office, players have changed, any cronies are hopefully gone, and we will finally be represented in this current litigation.

irenes93 wrote:
The NY Attorney General's next Court hearing on The Manhattan Club Scam

This Friday, September 5, 2014 at 1pm 60 Centre Street, New York City

All TMC owners are urged to attend.

Irene Smalls

Charles M.
Sep 04, 2014

Former Employee. Members Services. Points are a rip off. Once thousands of dollars are paid, with assumption of more availability thru RCI doesn't happen.,Owners money is not refunded. Thousands a day were accumulated by traveling Sales people to join RCI Points program. The availability for reservations is also held back in hopes that you will call a disgruntled Owner and offer them the dates they want in exchange for Referrals. I worked in PA office for three years and was abruptly let go in June. I had gotten to the point where I did not feel comfortable asking for referrals and that is what this company thrives on.

Joanne S.
Sep 04, 2014

You are dead on with your comments. I sleep better at night even though I'm unemployed now.

Joanne S.
Sep 04, 2014

Irene, If we are attending the court hearing tomorrow, Friday Sept. 5th, is there an opportunity to tell our story of the TMC crimes to CNBC afterward?

Charles M.
Sep 04, 2014

And Irene, or anyone in the know, what is the complete name of the judge that this case is before?

Charles M.
Sep 04, 2014

I am a former employee in Members Services.and after three years I am unemployed, but relieved at the same time. I could no longer convincingly lie any longer and management was not happy. I received two trumped up write ups within two weeks and was let go in June. I felt sympathetic to the owners and resentment towards management. TMC does hold back units in hopes of calling owners on The Waitlist" with availability to get referrals. I was stunned to be fired, but I feel much better about myself. Good Luck.

Joanne S.
Sep 04, 2014

I will write an update about this case following Friday's hearing for redweek.com. Any owners interested in being interviewed for the story should contact me at 310-275-4929.

Jeffrey W.
Sep 04, 2014

You should go to the labor board to be compensated for having to work for such an unscrupulous company! They too need to know that this company has it's employees become dishonest or scripted to their liking or else you lose your employment! Almost all the employees I have spoken with at TMC are scripted. Their responses toward complaints any type of complaint, mostly no rooms, or high maintenance fees, conversations from going back years ago. They all reply in the same manner. They even use the same verbiage "word for word". They scam you with twisted information they have been taught to use by TMC. The entire company is corrupt all the way around! The employees need their jobs, so they don't dare to not conform to scripted responses. Sales, Sales management, General Manager, Front desk manager, reservations, Legal department. etc. They all cover for TMC Owner!

Vanessa S.
Sep 04, 2014

I find it hard to believe that you are able to get your four fixed weeks with no problems. That seems odd to me. We have owned for several years as well and almost from the beginning of that time we have had problems getting a reservation. Maybe ONLY the fixed weeks owners have priority or no way for TMC to finagle a way out of those fixed weeks owners. Lucky you! However, the place is going down the tubes and far as the quality and appearance of a NYC hotel - it is not even a three star hotel with appearance and the maintenance fees will continue to go up!

Vanessa S.
Sep 05, 2014

Are you able to actually reserve 4 weeks each year? I am astounded! What's your secret? And I am also surprised you are not complaining about the exorbitant maintenance fees...yours must be sky high! Anyway, more power to you that you are still happy with your ownership purchase...wish I could say the same.

Lena P.
Sep 05, 2014

I TRULY WISH HAPPINESS TO ALL...............HOWEVER, NO ONE SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHAT EICHER AND HIS CRONIES ARE DOING TO US, NOT ONLY WITH LACK OF RESERVATION AVAILABILITY, BUT WITH T H E A B S U R D A N D R I S I N G M A I N T E N A N C E F E E S.

WE'RE VICTIMS, NOT OWNERS IN THIS SHAM OF A TIMESHARE.

CHRIS............AND YES, THE CAPS MEAN I'M SHOUTING.

lenap3 wrote:
Are you able to actually reserve 4 weeks each year? I am astounded! What's your secret? And I am also surprised you are not complaining about the exorbitant maintenance fees...yours must be sky high! Anyway, more power to you that you are still happy with your ownership purchase...wish I could say the same.

Chris V.
Sep 06, 2014

Irene,or anyone attending the TMC court hearing yesterday please provide an update on the status of the lawsuit.

Charles M.
Sep 06, 2014

yes, why aren't we getting updates on the court proceedings?

charlesm548 wrote:
Irene,or anyone attending the TMC court hearing yesterday please provide an update on the status of the lawsuit.

Chris V.
Sep 06, 2014

I hope Redweek has a good individual assigned to cover the NYAG Hearings concerning The Manhattan Club. We need reliable and complete information to allow us to make costly decisions concerning this disgusting bait and switch operation. Please let us know if we may contact the Redweek person responsible for this important case, Also the contact number and email address. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Gareth Sorrell

Gareth S.
Sep 07, 2014

TMC owners were shut out of Friday's, Sept. 5 TMC hearing. TMC owners are not a party to this action. We are the affected parties, but this case is between the AG's office and The Manhattan Club. We need to become a party to the AG's action against the Manhattan Club so we know about hearings, can review the documentation TMC is submitting, and can put things before the judge the AG's office may not.

We don't know what is going on with this case and we will not know what is going on. The AG'S office has no obligation to tell us anything or do anything we think needs to be done to resolve this case for the benefit of TMC owners. Once we have a lawyer we will not be shut out again.

We need a lawyer sharp enough to swim with TMC's lawyer sharks representing TMC owners. Three things we must do:

1. We need to identify a lawyer to represent us and find out how much it will cost.

2. We need to raise money to pay that lawyer.

3. We need to have a clear set of objectives we want this lawyer to work towards in this case.

Who wants to organize this?

Irene S.
Sep 07, 2014

Irene, I saw the Complaint and it appears that you are the lead plaintiff in this action against TMC. If this is the AG's case why would you need a personal attorney?

Charles M.
Sep 07, 2014

ATTENTION MANHATTAN CLUB OWNERS: IN MOST INSTANCES, COURT HEARINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC; UNDERSTANDABLY SOME ARE NOT. THIS IS A PUBLIC HEARING IN OUR COURT SYSTEM AND WE (ESPECIALLY AS DUPED OWNERS OF SHARES OF THE MANHATTAN CLUB) ARE ENTITLED TO HEAR OF DAILY COURT PROCEEDING RESULTS IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER: DIRECTLY FROM THE NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN, MEDIA/NEWS REPORTAGE OR OTHERWISE. THIS HAS NOT BEEN HAPPENING.

IT'S ESSENTIAL THAT WE ALL.......ALL OF US......EMAIL, SNAIL MAIL, PHONE OR OTHERWISE CONTACT ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN, OUR NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL REQUESTING THAT HE KEEP US INFORMED OF THE MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT ON A DAILY (OR AS THE COURT PROCEEDINGS PROGRESS) BASIS. MR. SCHNEIDERMAN HAS A NEWSLETTER THAT IS PUBLISHED REGULARLY, BUT I SAW NOTHING RECENTLY ABOUT OUR LAWSUIT.

SO GET ON YOUR COMPUTER, GET A PEN AND PAPER, OR USE YOUR DIALING FINGER TO CONTACT THE NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL TO GIVE US THE INFORMATION THAT WE'RE ENTITLED TO. IT'S ESSENTIAL THAT WE DO THIS NOW, AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AFTER READING THIS!! IN ADDITION WE NEED TO KNOW THE REASON WE OWNERS WERE "SHUT OUT OF FRIDAY'S, SEPT 5 TMC HEARING" IN A PUBLIC COURT. IT SEEMS THAT SINCE WE HAVE OUR NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ON THE MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT, IT MAY NOT BE NECESSARY TO HAVE A PRIVATE ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT US; HOWEVER, MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAW DOESN'T PERMIT LEGAL INTERPRETATION OR THE NEED FOR FURTHER LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

irenes93 wrote:
TMC owners were shut out of Friday's, Sept. 5 TMC hearing. TMC owners are not a party to this action. We are the affected parties, but this case is between the AG's office and The Manhattan Club. We need to become a party to the AG's action against the Manhattan Club so we know about hearings, can review the documentation TMC is submitting, and can put things before the judge the AG's office may not.

We don't know what is going on with this case and we will not know what is going on. The AG'S office has no obligation to tell us anything or do anything we think needs to be done to resolve this case for the benefit of TMC owners. Once we have a lawyer we will not be shut out again.

We need a lawyer sharp enough to swim with TMC's lawyer sharks representing TMC owners. Three things we must do:

1. We need to identify a lawyer to represent us and find out how much it will cost.

2. We need to raise money to pay that lawyer.

3. We need to have a clear set of objectives we want this lawyer to work towards in this case.

Who wants to organize this?

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.