Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Jul 09, 2017

joolvera wrote:
Yes. How much do they charge you to GIVEt them your timeshare?

Zero. Nada. Zip.

The question could also be: How much do they charge you to let you GET RID OF your timeshare?

Same answer.

Stu M.
Aug 01, 2017

Pleasantly surprised last night to have been able to book a few days at the Wyndham Smoky Mountain resort in Sevierville, TN completely on-line, just like I used to be able to do. Since I had no points remaining in the current use year (gave them all back) I was able to borrow from my first upcoming year of the three given me. No strain, no pain. In the back of my mind is a little voice saying "don't be surprised if you get a cancellation notice" but I am giving them an A for making it easy. I believe the number of resorts you can book under Limited Edition is really limited, but I have no real evidence of that. For now, I am happy. Maybe even delighted. jrs

Jim S.

Last edited by jims1139 on Aug 01, 2017 08:20 AM

Aug 04, 2017

Are there any unknown fees in the Limited Ovation program ? Are there any fees when you book a reservation in this program ? I am planning to exercise this option but am suspicious that there are some features you won't encounter until you are hooked !

jims1139 wrote:
Here's some news for Limited Edition people. You CAN sign into their website now, though you may be asked to give a new username and password. You CAN attempt to book a vacation on line. (Unfortunately, the places I was trying to book all said "not available" for the dates I wanted -- Thanksgiving week.)

A few weeks ago, if you called the reservation number, you were advised that your hold time would be 60 minutes or more. This afternoon, I called the number and a representative answered on the first ring. He couldn't help me with my Thanksgiving reservations either, however.

I would be interested to see posts from people who have been able to book online in the last couple of weeks, and whether it "feels" right when you have done so.

I'm looking forward to the next three years of points without maintenance fees!

Jim

Reaches H.
Aug 04, 2017

reachesh wrote:
Are there any unknown fees in the Limited Ovation program ? Are there any fees when you book a reservation in this program ? I am planning to exercise this option but am suspicious that there are some features you won't encounter until you are hooked !

The truly important priority in participating in Wyndham's Ovation program (if even accepted into it in the first place) is the prospect of getting OUT. I don't believe that everyone who applies and is accepted even gets the "3 years worth of points" at all. It's your call and your decision, but keep in mind that Wyndham can choose to just close that Ovation door anytime they see fit, without providing ANY advance notice. If you want OUT of Wyndham, it seems to me that this is a unique (and possibly limited) opportunity to do so cleanly and permanently. What other options do you really have? Wyndham points are essentially worth NOTHING in the resale market, so it's not as though you're going to find some OTHER way to get out cleanly and quickly and permanently. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 04, 2017 09:41 AM

Aug 04, 2017

It appears that I will qualify for the Limited Program - just wary of unforseen costs. Anyone who is in the program and has booked a reservation ? What happens ?

ken1193 wrote:
reachesh wrote:

The important priority in participating in Wyndham's Ovation program (if even accepted into it in the first place) is the prospect of getting OUT. I don't believe that everyone who applies and is accepted even gets the "3 years worth of points" at all. It's your call and your decision, but keep in mind that Wyndham can choose to just close that Ovation door anytime they see fit, without providing ANY advance notice. If you want OUT of Wyndham, it seems to me that this is a unique (and possibly limited) opportunity to do so cleanly and permanently. What other options do you really have? Wyndham points are essentially worth NOTHING in the resale market, so it's not as though you're going to find some OTHER way to get out cleanly and quickly and permanently.

Reaches H.
Aug 04, 2017

reachesh wrote:

Just yesterday evening I booked the second of our three "freebie" years in the Limited Ovation program. It's pretty simple: You call, you book, you get an email confirmation, and you go. No fuss, no muss, no hidden fees.

There are "limits" on the number of reservations you can make per year (which might affect you if you gave back a zillion points), and the number of guest reservations you can make. Go over the limits and you'll pay $59 each time. So ASK about those when you call. And when you do call Wyndham, press option 1 and then option 2 for the "Discovery" desk.

Stu M.
Aug 04, 2017

reachesh wrote:
It appears that I will qualify for the Limited Program - just wary of unforseen costs. Anyone who is in the program and has booked a reservation ? What happens ?

Just yesterday evening I booked the second of our three "freebie" years in the Limited Ovation program. It's pretty simple: You call, you book, you get an email confirmation, and you go. No fuss, no muss, no hidden fees. When you do call Wyndham, press option 1 and then option 2 for the "Discovery" desk.

Stu M.
Aug 04, 2017

Do you know what locations are included?

Lolli S.
Aug 05, 2017

lollis3 wrote:
Do you know what locations are included?

Wyndham timeshares with the name Wyndham. World Mark, for example, is NOT included. They will sent you a directory if you participate; they did us, anyway.

Stu M.
Aug 08, 2017

Worldmark DOES have ovation. People need to come with correct information on these forums

Sara M.
Aug 08, 2017

saram280 wrote:
Worldmark DOES have ovation. People need to come with correct information on these forums

Yes, "people" do need to "come with correct information on these forums." However, when WE got OUR final papers from Wyndham for giving back our points through the Ovation program, we also received a directory. Only Wyndham timeshares are in that directory. And a Wyndham rep told me over the phone that only Wyndham timeshares could be booked with our "free" points. However, if YOU participated in Ovation and YOU can use your "free" points for Worldmark properties, fine. Enjoy!

Stu M.
Aug 08, 2017

Google Worldmark and Ovation.......

Sara M.
Aug 08, 2017

Thanks for sharing this info. Could you tell me if your limited directory includes Wyndham Alexandria and Wyndham West 45th in New York City? Thanks so much.

Lolli S.
Aug 24, 2017

I am interested in the 'exit' program you mentioned and am willing to be a resource for you in the 'transaction', if any. I am a current timeshare holder at Kona Koast II. Any other information would be appreciated.

Frederic W.
Aug 24, 2017

It isn't a written program. Ovations does not accept all resorts. You need to call to see what if you are given an offer and what the terms are. There are different numbers to call for Wyndham, Worldmark, and Shell. I don't know the Worldmark and Shell numbers so if you call the Wyndham one make sure you ask for the number you need because they won't be able to make an offer directly.

Tracey S.
Aug 24, 2017

Thanks for sharing this info. Could you tell me if your limited directory includes Wyndham Alexandria and Wyndham West 45th in New York City? Thanks so much.

markl18

. . . when WE got OUR final papers from Wyndham for giving back our points through the Ovation program, we also received a directory. Only Wyndham timeshares are in that directory. And a Wyndham rep told me over the phone that only Wyndham timeshares could be booked with our "free" points.

Lolli S.
Aug 25, 2017

The directory does not include Wyndham Alexandria. In New York, it has Wyndham Midtown 45, which I guess is not the one you want.

Louis W.
Aug 25, 2017

There are no fees attached -- period. You give them back your deed, and get your 3 years worth of points with no maintenance fees. I have had very good results booking on line, and with one of their "helpers" at the phone site. 800-251-8736, option 1, then option 2. (Discovery.)

What can they charge you for?? Not saying they won't try sometime, but when the deed-back is complete, you are FREE OF THEM.

Jim S.
Aug 25, 2017

Thanks for the information .

Forgive me for being skeptical. I look forward to this transaction

Reaches H.
Aug 26, 2017

Thanks, That is the one I want, sorry I wasn't more precise with the name. Alexandria is actually Wyndham Old Town Alexandria. Is it in the directory under that name (in Virginia)?

louisw40 wrote:
The directory does not include Wyndham Alexandria. In New York, it has Wyndham Midtown 45, which I guess is not the one you want.

Lolli S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.