Vallarta Gardens

Has anyone purchased from Vallart Gardens?

Apr 27, 2016

Be very careful about confronting these folks as they threatened ou lives several years ago after they scammed us for almost $300,000. They are dangerous people and Carlos Rivera is the king pin.

George R.
Apr 27, 2016

Make sure you get it done in 5 day recission period. On previous pages of posts there are directions you should follow. Glad you found out early

Thomas B.
Apr 27, 2016

Glad to hear that you only put down $1,000 and hope you are able to cancel and get it back! I will write to you now via email and give you the specifics of our deal. We are still waiting on word from our credit card company. The down payment we put down in good faith was $17, 953. As you can imagine we are sick about it!

Nancy Pratt

Nancy P.
Apr 27, 2016

George, I'm to sorry to hear about the significant amount of money they scammed and how scary about your lives being threatened! I hope you contacted the authorities about that. I'm sure you did!! I called the FBI about ours and filed a report. I also and working on some other things. As I said, I'm bound and determined to get these crooks put in jail. If you would n't mind sending me an email re: the names of people you dealt with and companies besides Vallarta Gardens, I will add it the info that I am gathering.

Thanks, Nancy Pratt

Nancy P.
Apr 29, 2016

Contact anaargelr@hotmail.com. She is a Mexican atty and wants to see how many are interested. Jerry Forney scammed us too

Neal S.
Apr 30, 2016

Send us your email and we will tell u about a class action. Can't do it on red week

Neal S.
May 01, 2016

Neals, My email is madarby@telus.net - would love to have information on class action, please and thanks:

Marlene D.
May 03, 2016

Hi Neals, our email is alajarfamily@att.net. Please let us know of a class action lawsuit. Thank you.

Theresa A.
May 04, 2016

Noticed VG is renting through Expedia. How do we contact Expedia about the scam artists?

GrammaWa
May 04, 2016

VG has typically advertised as a hotel on multiple hotel/travel websites....most that you can think of off the top of your head.

Joan C.
May 05, 2016

Class action lawsuit interest. Rfhegel@comcast.net.

Ray H.
May 15, 2016

Has anyone heard of Timeshare Association Group by a guy named Garcia at http://www.timeshareassoc.com/ I just got an email that states they want to invite me to Mexico to discuss being taken advantage of by Mexican timeshares and to provide remuneration. Sounds like another scam.

Alan F.
May 25, 2016

I just canceled all of my AmEx cards because they believed Vallarta Gardens over me in a charge dispute. I signed for one amount but VG charged for $199 more. VG said I owed that amount and even without my signature on the amount, it was paid. I have disputed it, explained it, and sent documentation. I even sent and copies of the entries found at this site about the scam being run by VG.

Guess "American Express makes more money off of VG than they do off us us. Hoping others will boycott AmEx, too.

I will now refer to it as Vallarta Gardens Express.

We have not even tried to recoup fees, etc. from other credit cord companies that paid for this act of being over trusting of sharks. Figure if we can't get the small stuff back, there is no way we will get the rest or the property lost at other resort do to the "guaranteed" sales pitch --which didn't take place.

I feel some of the commenters here that are having delightful times at the resort are plants on this site.

GrammaWa

Last edited by marianw on May 26, 2016 08:26 AM

May 26, 2016

Amex was somewhat difficult to work with on our dispute with VG as well - we had to resubmit/re-appeal twice before they sided with us (and this was with full explanation and documentation of our prompt cancellation according to the terms of the contract). One of the things that I think helped us was our steadfast signal to them that we would take this through all available channels - including arbitration or litigation. Perhaps the dollar amount in question for you isn't worth the hassle (but given that ours was about $13,000, it was for us), but for others, I would suggest that you make it known that you will exhaust all available remedies in disputing the VG claim.

Randall B.
May 28, 2016

Newsflash they have renamed Vallarta Gardens "Boutique Private Residence Club"

Bob H.
Jul 08, 2016

To add insult to injury (we were scammed early on in October, 2012); today I received a notice from an American? collection agency - Monterey Collections, 4095 Avenida De La Plata, Oceanside, CA, 92056, 877-775-3091, FAX (760) 639-3541, and then oddly enough, TOLL FREE FROM MEXICO 001-866-928-9343. The client is listed of course as Vallarta Gardens Resort and Spa. Anyone have any advice about how we should proceed?

Please contact me about the class action suit. Thanks, Deb Olson

Deb O.
Jul 09, 2016

debo44 wrote:
To add insult to injury (we were scammed early on in October, 2012); today I received a notice from an American? collection agency - Monterey Collections, 4095 Avenida De La Plata, Oceanside, CA, 92056, 877-775-3091, FAX (760) 639-3541, and then oddly enough, TOLL FREE FROM MEXICO 001-866-928-9343. The client is listed of course as Vallarta Gardens Resort and Spa. Anyone have any advice about how we should proceed?

Please contact me about the class action suit. Thanks, Deb Olson

Deb, contact Victor Ayala Oriard 512 354 1516. He is working on same problem with the same company for us. He is licensed in Mexico and USA. We were hoping this would go away as a bad dream. BUT the nightmare continues.

As victims, we need to ban together and take action on credit card companies that continue to take charges from corrupt people. The credit card companies are aware, but get large fees from the transactions; therefore, it is business as usual.

Keep in contact. MEW

GrammaWa
Jul 09, 2016

I,m in for a class action law suite on vallarta gardens ---contact me......

Neal S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 09, 2016 05:12 PM

Jul 10, 2016

neals16 wrote:
I,m in for a class action law suite on vallarta gardens ---contact me......

Contact info? Thanks.

GrammaWa
Jul 11, 2016

We also have received two emails from Monterey Collections. They have been advised that there is no valid contract with us (all funds were returned by our bank/Visa) and that VG does not enter into a "cancellation contract". They also have been advised that copies of their 2 emails will be forwarded to the Attorney General's office in both TX and CA. (Anyone not having success with c/c entities should work with the bank that issued the card, although I'm not sure if that's how all of the U.S. card entities operate.) One would think Monterey Collections is legit; but if all the funds have been returned to the "buyer" by the credit card entity, and they are not aware of it, I can understand them acting. Mind you in our case, our "contract" is obviously invalid, and anyone in their business should know that simply by reading it thoroughly, regardless of whether all funds have been returned or not. I doubt any lawyers will prove helpful in recovering buyers' funds from the credit card companies. To those still seeking closure, follow ALL of the steps that have been recommended in the forum postings.

Joan C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.