Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Feb 02, 2017

I have been trying for weeks to get anyone from this program to contact me. I have sent 3 emails and no one will respond.

Dale S.
Feb 02, 2017

Keep trying. Call them directly .

Don P.
Feb 02, 2017

dales260 wrote:
I have been trying for weeks to get anyone from this program to contact me. I have sent 3 emails and no one will respond.

READ THE POSTS ON THIS SITE!

1. YOU must call THEM.

2. The phone number can be found on multiple pages on this site in this series of posts.

Stu M.
Feb 02, 2017

I emailed... no response. The solution was indeed to call. The operator was "snarky" as I used the incorrect term of "sell" back. Anyway, I received an email from Ovation in 3 weeks. Printed out the forms, scanned and mailed back certified mail. Waited... Waited... at Christmastime I attempted to access my account. No can do. I figured it was a holiday, so I tried again and again over the next few days. On Monday after Christmas, I called and was given a different number to call, no transferring of the call available. I called the number given and the recording said no one was available due to "unforeseen circumstances". I called again the next day and no one could help me. I called again the next day and someone said my account was closed and the timeshare had been taken back on December 19. I asked why I hadn't been notified, and she said it takes about 3 weeks. Well, soon it was over a month and I received an opportunity to fill out a survey, which I did, and requested that I be called about the situation. About a week later, I received a letter, stating the timeshare had been taken back and a thanks for my business. I had spent over $100,000 and had over a million points, and got a letter! Do. Not. Buy. Wyndham. Ever.

Elle J.
Feb 06, 2017

Wyndham points vary by location. Example: a two bedroom deluxe at Bonnet Creek in prime season requires 224,000 points while a two bedroom deluxe at Star Island in prime season is 175,000 while 224,000 points can get you a three bedroom deluxe at Star Island. Compare those to Wyndham's Midtown 45 location in NYC and you need 275,000 points for a week in a hotel room, 350,000 for a studio or 450,000 for a one bedroom deluxe.

Robert B.
Feb 06, 2017

Their direct number is 855-312-9040 with usually long wait times before someone answers. Requirements are that your contract has to be paid in full and maintenance fees are current. If all of that is in order then you wait 12 - 15 weeks for paperwork you must sign, have notarized and mail back to them. How long after they receive the forms back from you before they cancel your contract? Who knows!

Robert B.
Feb 06, 2017

Yes Extra Holidays can take your week for rental but there is no guarantee that they will rent the full week and you don't get the unrented days back. Also their fee is very high. It used to be 40% of the rental price but I have heard it is now 50%.

Robert B.
Feb 07, 2017

robertb835 wrote:
Their direct number is 855-312-9040 with usually long wait times before someone answers. Requirements are that your contract has to be paid in full and maintenance fees are current. If all of that is in order then you wait 12 - 15 weeks for paperwork you must sign, have notarized and mail back to them. How long after they receive the forms back from you before they cancel your contract? Who knows!

Good, specific, useful contact information. It should again be noted however that Wyndham "cherry picks" what they will actually accept back under their "Ovation" program. In other words, they won't take back anything and everything, but only what Wyndham thinks they can resell all over again to someone else via their internal sales forces. Not all "Ovation" requests will yield a successful outcome for the would-be "donor", but the only way to find out is to at least try.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 07, 2017 07:10 AM

Feb 09, 2017

I called and had a case open in December for two Wyndham properties. This past week i received paperwork to be completed including notarized and return. Paperwork returned, lets see how long it takes now, honesty the process thus far has been quick and smooth.

Deborah W.
Feb 14, 2017

Yes I am interested. My maint fees have gone up from $37 to almost $90. They sucked me in Las Vegas before grand desert opened and ended up with title in Palm aire even though the sales guys promised dual titles.

Sundar R.

Last edited by sundarr4 on Feb 14, 2017 07:12 PM

Feb 14, 2017

Email bounces back. Do you have alternate

angelar285 wrote:
This is not a solution but take back if paid in full! If anyone owns in South Carolina (any resort) there is a secret to getting real money for deed.

Please email for details as it isn't advertised program.

Integrityfortimeshare@gmail.com

Sundar R.
Feb 14, 2017

I'm in the process now giving back odd year myrtle beach points. Update 2/23/17. This contract is no longer on my account. There's another contract that i'm waiting for them to take back i submitted both at the same time and although i was told that the 2nd contract was terminated on 2/17, it still appears on my assessments.

Deborah W.

Last edited by deborahw59 on Feb 24, 2017 02:11 AM

Feb 23, 2017

Hello, my mame is Tina Gillam and I am absolutely feed up with my Wyndham timeshare. I went to a meeting to ask about getting more points... Instead,.. somehow they got me into a second timeshare with another bill higher than the first! Need to get rid of the fast!

Tina.

kyliec wrote:
We have been talking to Wyndham about their new program, Ovation, which was quietly announced to Wyndham owners a few weeks ago. The company isn't offering concrete details, but appears they are ready to customize exit solutions for their owners who no longer use their timeshares.

Jeff Weir has written an informative article for us with much more detail on this topic. Read about the initial introduction of the Ovation program here... and the Ovation update nearly a year later here.

IF YOU ARE A WYNDHAM OWNER, interested in what solutions Wyndham will offer to you, take us along for the ride! We would love to follow several owners as they contact Wyndham for a solution to see whether this program is all they are claiming it to be. If you're interested, please post here and Jeff will follow up with you.

Tina G.
Feb 24, 2017

Call them 855.312.9040

Deborah W.
Feb 24, 2017

Deleted

Deborah W.

Last edited by deborahw59 on Feb 24, 2017 08:23 AM

Feb 24, 2017

Great news I was able to get rid of two resale contracts that I purchased on eBay 6 years ago. Giving back the deeds didn't put me at any lost, I got great use out of the points for a fraction of cost. I had 4 resale and now I have 2, my maintenance has been cut more than half. The ovation program works, process started in December and as of today the 2 contracts have been terminated.

Deborah W.
Feb 25, 2017

I am at Wyndham Grand Chicago, a fabulous location on the riverfront , atttended an update. They tried to get me to upgrade to Access program for another $12 k or so. I said no thanks. I checked eBay and see people dumping even access points.

The sales guy said my 154000 points are worth $38k now if I had the right 'program' or if my deed was in a good location such as NY!

His ovation training received from corporate indicated it was only for financial distress and on a case by case basis.

If you were able to get rid of it, that is great.

deborahw59 wrote:
Great news I was able to get rid of two resale contracts that I purchased on eBay 6 years ago. Giving back the deeds didn't put me at any lost, I got great use out of the points for a fraction of cost. I had 4 resale and now I have 2, my maintenance has been cut more than half. The ovation program works, process started in December and as of today the 2 contracts have been terminated.

Sundar R.

Last edited by sundarr4 on Feb 25, 2017 04:13 AM

Feb 25, 2017

Thank you, apparently there are selected resorts that they will take back. I was able to get my Myrtle Beach and My Wisconsin Dells contracts terminated.

Deborah W.
Feb 25, 2017

Yes, I am interested. Please advise.

Jo Ann O. trembath
Feb 26, 2017

Call them 855.312.9040 and see if your contracts are eligible.

Deborah W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.