Vallarta Gardens

Has anyone purchased from Vallart Gardens?

Jul 25, 2015

They threatened me as well. Gave me the name of their lawyer that would be coming after me. I told them I had forwarded their message to my attorney and my attorney had told me they had better learn the definition of slander and while they are at it to look up the definitions of Fraud and Fraudulant Inducement.

Thomas B.
Jul 25, 2015

I was sent an email from a gentleman that has been very helpful to me. Vallarta Gardens used Berkshire Financial Group on us. The email he sent me was regarding some posts on tuggs timeshare forum and there is talk of a class action suit for those that had Mercury Property Management used on them. Might be something worth looking into. Not sure what stage they are in

Thomas B.
Jul 25, 2015

They still continue leaving threatening calls from their hired calling centers in India if not from Mexico. We would also receive calls in our cell phones from different states and won't leave you any messages. When you call these numbers back you hit a busy line. Can't believe these calling centers are in cahoots with these scammers!!!

Theresa A.
Jul 25, 2015

They used Premiere Property Management with us and all of these marketing companies are their partners in scamming people. They are fake and your sale of the old timeshare will never happen. Vallarta Gardens tricks you with a bogus marketing contract and a fake buyer on it. These marketing companies will collect only your fees. That's all they do. After payment you will never receive any updates of your sale and it is only then when the promised 180 days came and nothing happened. You would start inquiring and realize you were scammed. Their alibi is the buyer fell out of escrow. Luckily our credit card company, Chase refunded us the $1, 200 fees we paid PPM. This is why they kept calling us with legal threats.

Theresa A.
Sep 08, 2015

I am in shock to read all the comments. I too have been scammed by Vallarta Gardens. My story is the same, only the resale company was Timely Travel. What recourse do I have?

Margo W.
Sep 09, 2015

Timely travel? How long ago were you scammed? The last I heard they were using VP Services but may have changed again.

Thomas B.
Sep 09, 2015

My purchase was done in Oct. 2014.

Margo W.

Last edited by margow19 on Sep 09, 2015 07:55 AM

Sep 09, 2015

What everyone has said above is absolutely true. We have all gone through basically the same scam with just a few minor differences such as the property management company they are using.

Since you bought almost a year ago, I don't know what kind of recourse you have. My suggestion would be to print out all the scam information you can find online, from this Redweek Forum, to TUGGS, and anything else you can find to help prove to your credit card company that you were scammed. I also submitted information on VP Services, which is the property management company they gave me, that shows it is a questionable company & website...from their domain server and the hidden owner, to the year it says it was started and when it's about to expire (which usually is very shortly), etc.

I found out about the scam within a week after I returned home so I immediately filed a dispute with my credit card company, and won. I changed my credit card numbers and put blocks on any further charges they might put through. If you already paid in full, or are still paying a monthly mortgage, immediately stop the monthly payment and file a dispute with your cc company. Otherwise, I don't know what else to tell you other than consult with an international real estate attorney. Good luck and I'm very sorry to hear that you were also victimized by them.

Sylva B.
Sep 10, 2015

I agree with everything Sylvab said. The timing on the dispute seems to be the key. The only thing I would add is if you purchased a studio you may have an out because they still haven't built them yet. Definately contact your CC company and they should be able to walk you through what you need to do. I would go through all of the VG posts , there is a lot of helpfull info on them. The good news is people are finally starting to win these cases. Best of luck to you.

Thomas B.
Sep 12, 2015

That's correct Thomas, I didn't think of mentioning the Studio. We supposedly bought the Hampton Studio, and we were told it was going to be built by October of this year -- basically, next month. So you really do have a good chance of getting your money back if you argue that the time frame came and went since they told you they would be built. Scroll back a few years on this thread, and you will see that even going back a few years, "victims" were being told that their Studio's would be built soon.

You can prove it has still not been built, along with all the bogus Property Management Companies that come and then fall off the face of the earth, along with all of our posts showing that VG is truly a scam. It's going to take work, but it's worth it. Good luck and keep us informed.

Sylva B.
Sep 12, 2015

I appreciate your comments as this has been a real shocker. Any suggestions as to how I could show that The Hamptons has not been built? We do have a contract for a studio there. I called VG several months ago with the idea of making a fall reservation as I was expecting it to be done in August. I was told it would not be available until April 18, 2016. But how can I prove anything? I have made a copy of all the posts on the subject.

Margo W.
Sep 13, 2015

Margow19, check the postings to see if there was a previous reference to the Hamptons studio not being delivered...think there was. Or maybe in tugbbs.com. That would demonstrate that others have gone without product as "promised" before you. They don't put a date in the so called contract for delivery, so you probably don't have any dates in writing for August or fall. The contract in and of itself is fraudulent, so persuade your c/c company or bank to have a lawyer review it. If Timely Travel was to liquidate a t/share you own, and didn't (of course not), report them and the whole scam to IC3.gov. as Internet fraud, especially the folks at Timely. Check out ripoffreport.com Jan. 21/15 about those folks....no such address exists as given on their site in Sioux Falls. They have been noted on various scam websites. If you would like to communicate further with some of us, send an email to thomasb653.

Joan C.
Sep 15, 2015

margow19 wrote:
I appreciate your comments as this has been a real shocker. Any suggestions as to how I could show that The Hamptons has not been built? We do have a contract for a studio there. I called VG several months ago with the idea of making a fall reservation as I was expecting it to be done in August. I was told it would not be available until April 18, 2016. But how can I prove anything? I have made a copy of all the posts on the subject.

I had a contract that stated the studio would be ready for occupancy in August of 2015. Once that date passed, I disputed with my credit card company and won. I sent them a copy of the contract, a google earth picture showing no tower and a copy of the reservation page on RCI premium or whatever it is called showing that they don't take the studio in trade. You can also send an email to VG and ask for a reservation for a date that is after the date listed on your contract, and show the bank that as well. If there is no specific date mentioned, it probably won't work. But if there is, and the date has passed, you should be able to prove the contract is false. VG tried to say I could still use the property - for the price of a two bedroom, but I argued in my statement to the bank that those fees where double or triple of what I was to pay for a studio - and that I didn't need a two bedroom so why should I pay for that when it's not what I want or need. Took me a while, but I did get my money back in the end. Good luck. They have been promising to have those studio towers built for at least the last 5 to 7 years as far as I can tell. I'm betting they never get built.

Deborah R.
Sep 28, 2015

Are you aware that VG is located in amongst private homes of a residents association? Those are mostly private homes you see within the gates (4 currently for sale) except for those few fronting the water, and the odd one here and there. Anyone with an interest in joining a class action against this "resort" and some of the credit card entities, please contact this em address: endtimesharescams@aol.com. Only serious parties please. Verification will be sought and provided in return.

Joan C.
Sep 29, 2015

HAS ANYONE WHO PURCHASED AT VALLARTA GARDENS (A BOUTIQUE RESIDENCY CLUB, NEAR PUERTO VALLARTA) HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM

Rob D.
Sep 29, 2015

We did not lose any money, thanks to your post and warnings but were originally taken in by the scam. After reading your post we cancelled our payment within a 48 hours and cancelled our credit card so we lost no money. Thank you so much! We would like to join the class action lawsuit to help others from falling for this scam. Rob Davis

joan1188 wrote:
Are you aware that VG is located in amongst private homes of a residents association? Those are mostly private homes you see within the gates (4 currently for sale) except for those few fronting the water, and the odd one here and there. Anyone with an interest in joining a class action against this "resort" and some of the credit card entities, please contact this em address: endtimesharescams@aol.com. Only serious parties please. Verification will be sought and provided in return.

Rob D.
Sep 29, 2015

The new marketing company (as of September 2015) they are using in called World Trade Rentals.com supposedly out of McAllen, TX.

Rob D.
Oct 03, 2015

I am sure World Trade Rentals like every other company they have used to "market" the fractional ownership does not exist. They have used at least 10 companies that I know about in the last four years and none of them actually exist. I am very happy that you were able to find out early enough to get out of your contract. That is exactly what this string of posts is supposed to accomplish. It might be helpful to others if you could post the specifics of your case. Am curious if your case differs from previous victims or if they are using the same old strategy.

Thomas B.
Oct 03, 2015

World Trade Rentals has there office listed at 3400 N. McColl Rd. in McAllen,Tx. This is an address with actual offices in it. However it would appear that the address should also come with a suite number as well. This is the same thing they did when they used VP Services, the last fictitious company they used to scam people. It appears they are at least using actual office building address as opposed to vacant lots that they used for Berkshire Financial and others.

Thomas B.
Oct 03, 2015

I was reminded by someone that I should have mentioned in my last posting that the amenities(pools and whirlpools, tennis court, restaurant, beach, etc.) within Vallarta Gardens gates are all common property, owned and available to all resident association members (residents who own private homes there and pay monthly home owner dues). They are not exclusive Vallarta Gardens amenities. The so called resort has a limited number of units (buildings that are 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms). There are some 2 bedroom models, and if anyone can contribute to a count estimate of the 2 bedroom units we would be pleased to hear from you.

Joan C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.