Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

Oct 17, 2010

there horrible timeshare

Shante E.

Last edited by shantee on Oct 22, 2010 01:56 PM

Oct 18, 2010

Marya502- I don't think you need to get huffy. Most people here are in the same boat. Actually, I did read but because I don't know the law, I'm not going to trust anything I read on a forum. That's just me.

If you know of people who got out of paying Land'Or, that's great, but I'd hate to see people decide to stop paying and end up with ruined credit and garnishment. Even Mr. Sadler told me there are no guarantees. What I did was point people to the case information site so they can make a more informed decision. The cases speak for themselves. I didn't find any in the pages of cases I looked at that the the member actually won. I don't believe you actually know how every single Land'Or case has turned out in Virginia Beach so there's no way of knowing if the "at least 15 people a week" show up for court or not.

Beth M.
Oct 18, 2010

I was successful with getting a full refund and terminating agreement with LandOr. I had all of my documentation from them. Everything in writing is a big plus.

Kim A.
Oct 19, 2010

We were given a deed with our Time share purchase with Colonial Crossing's? We bought in April 2005. We definately would like to join in any class action suits against this scam in which they promise ammenities such as a water park! If you know where to go to sue or get help please e-mail us! Dave and Lynne

Mary M.
Oct 19, 2010

Reply to This Message jf14

Some of these people who said they got their money back, sorry I don't believe you. This was the response I got from LandOr! Can't even give them one star

Hello,

We are not licensed to buy contracts back. I am sorry but that is something you would need to do. Be very careful who you try to sell to as there are a lot of companys that are not out for your best interest. Before you get involved check them with the better business bureau.

Another option is for you to find an individual to transfer the contract to in which case you will want to talk to Elaine Dowling. 800-552-2839 ext 245. The account balance would have to be paid in full for this to happen.

The only other option is for you to pay for maintenance fees for the rest of the remaining years left on the contract and since you have only been members for a short time this could be costly.

Thank You Gretchen Webb 800-552-2839 ext 218 Reply to This Message

Kathy P.
Oct 19, 2010

Kima, would you mind elaborating on how you were able to terminate your contract? Were you a property owner or just an owner of a week? I met with a person in their offices last week and the only offer I got was a buyout-I guess it was called an acceleration of the contract? Just curious how you went about it. Thanks

Chuck J.
Oct 19, 2010

I contacted Mr. Sadler and he worked with LandOr attorney and provided him with a long list of misrepresentation by the contract that I signed in 08 in Williamsburg. I took was a deeded member and was promised in writing a water park. They made a lot of promises and did not hold up on their contractual requirements. I was within the 2 year statute of limitations to cancel my contract and recoup all costs that a deposited and made payments of since 2008 thru 2010. No one has to believe me, but this is a blog of frustrated people with LandOr trying to help each other out. This blog assisted me with contacting an attorney and getting my money back. Believe what you will, but my case had a positive ending. It only took about 2 months to get a check to Mr. Saddler from their attorney and into my hands. Mr. Sadler was on a contigency with me.

Kim A.
Oct 19, 2010

LandOr and Colonial Crossing staff are scam artists and do not negotiate. They make you feel like you are stuck. I did not contact them at all to cancel. They were totally unaware of my dissatisfaction until Mr. Saddler contacted them. It is better that way.

Kim A.
Oct 19, 2010

kima149, I'm glad you had a positive outcome. That's great that you were within a 2 year statute of limitations. If only.... LOL!

In 2006, CC contacted us to offer us an "improved" contract for x amount of dollars, being the good Land'Or customers that we were. So, to humor them, we went to see Colonial Crossings... and weren't even allowed to view a timeshare unit!!! Knowing we'd been had in the Bahamas by the dump there, AND the high pressure and rude sales techniques, if we'd even had any idea of consenting, that in itself was a deal breaker. We were told about the water park as well. And it occurred to us at that time that all of the money we were "DUMP"ing into Land'Or had been going to build and promote Colonial Crossings. That's about the time we were being hit every six months or so for a "special" assessment.

I'm really glad for all of you who have pursued and been successful and hope for the rest of you that you have as good an outcome.

Beth M.
Oct 20, 2010

Thanks Kima.

Are other folks on here from Club Land'or in Bahamas? That's the contract I have (had for many years). Has anyone here pursued with Mr. Sadler and had a resolution to it? Thanks in advance

Chuck J.
Oct 22, 2010

well im in vb and i hired a lawyer and lost ended up in a garnisment .thank god they are not able to get anything unless i work ot .so i dont! but i have so much more info that colonial crossings is a scam. so with help from may other people who have been scamed i am going to continue this fight.

Michele M.
Oct 22, 2010

congrats i wasnt that lucky.but i didnt have knowledge that they were scaming like the are, so im going to continue my fight.

Michele M.
Oct 22, 2010

gretchen please email your complaints to fraudalert@isonar.org and file complaint to the federal trades commission theres power in num i have a friend who used to investigate frauds he sayes this is a scam and to start by doing this.

Michele M.
Oct 22, 2010

i agree how do i contact mr sandler

Michele M.
Oct 22, 2010

20/20 thats a great idea but please email your story to fraudalert@isonar.org and file your complaint with the federal trades commission

Michele M.
Oct 22, 2010

please first file your complaint with the federal trades comission,then email your complaint to fraudalert@isonar.org theres power in numbers I am looking for a lawyer in vb va also. i have a friend who used to investigate frauds for the gov and this is what he has advised me to do.pass it on please. i will update any info i have thanks and good luck to all

Michele M.
Oct 22, 2010

weird ? i spoke with mr sandler several months ago and he just didnt seem interested in the case. maybe he has had such a response that he couldnt refuse. I lost in court because i didnt have a copy of my cancellation letter.he said sence i already lost that theres nothing i can do. Well ive sence found out that this is a scam and the waterpark hasnt even been built. not to mention all of the other complaints so im going to fight to the end. i was suied for 24,000 for a 12,000 timeshare oh come on these people are crooks. fight for whats right. i sure will, good luck to all

Michele M.
Oct 23, 2010

Please include me in any information of a lawsuit filed against Club Landor. I will help by all means necessary....just let me know what you need me to do. Thanks. Shannon shannonfrazier@yahoo.com

Shannon F.
Oct 24, 2010

Barbara M.

Last edited by barbaram536 on Oct 26, 2010 05:05 PM

Oct 24, 2010

Barbara M.

Last edited by barbaram536 on Oct 26, 2010 05:06 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.