Report Abuse - 92384

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

If you’re only going to use your week then the Destinations Club may not benefit you. Points are useful if you want to lengthen or shorten one week stays. Since you bought resale, Marriott will try to entice you to buy points and will offer to enter your week into the DC program. Points are very expensive so I would be careful about buying them unless you want more time that you want each year. Otherwise, I would suggest you buy resale like you have and use Interval International for traveling to other places. I will say that I personally like having access to the DC program. It has lots of options that pure weeks does not offer. However, I own pure weeks that I can elect points if I choose to any year. Maintenance fees are usually cheaper than points too. [Q=sharis60] Sorry, I haven't read too many of these postings. I own 1 week every other year (platinum) at the Marriott Maui, 2 bed, 3 bath. I purchased not too long ago from a past owner. I just recently secured a week for 2019 that I want to use. However, I just received a letter from Marriott asking me to attend an "event" regarding the destinations club. I believe that they want to charge me a lot of money to join this club, so I can do the points system and trade around. I've heard a lot about it, but I like staying at my resort every other year. It might be nice to switch it up, but is it worth me spending more money just to get into the points system? If it was an even trade and not more money, I could see doing that.[/Q]