Report Abuse - 91854

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

I agree too! We've had amazing trips we'd NEVER be able to take if we had to pay for them- and we've been able to "gift" trips to friends with cancer, a veteran with PTSD, and also take our children and their families and friends on trips! We always saw it as an investment in our family, not in our portfolio! We've gotten much more out of it than we've put in it! The whiners and complainers probably whine and complain about the price of gas, groceries and houses too- a little homework and some flexibility have always allowed us to take the trips we've wanted with the people we've wanted to go with us! Some people will never be happy! I guess that's why there's 86 pages here on the "Ripoff alert"- we've owned timeshares since 1983 and have NEVER regretted any of those purchases, even though some haven't worked as well as others- we just MAKE IT WORK!!!!! STOP WHINING- you sound like the young people of today- blaming everyone else for what doesn't work for them! [Q=joya8] You are complicating something that really isn’t that complicated! I own the equivalent of four weeks...we bought two fixed weeks and bought points twice. Our first week was acquired over 20 years ago. We have had wonderful trips! When we were young and still working, it put us in accommodations we would never have been able to afford otherwise. I will take a unit with multiple TVs, bedrooms, bathrooms a living room and a kitchen any day over a hotel room. We have been retired for a number of years....these timeshares have allowed me to take the kids and secure multiple units...enough space for everyone.. a timeshare is not a financial investment....it is an investment in a lifestyle.[/Q]