Report Abuse - 90682

Re: Resort management has changed from Southwind to the Colonnade

I am a fully paid owner at Grand Regency since 2002- (3 bedroom lock down, every other year). We've been to Branson 3 times and exchange on Interval. In 2002 we were shown pictures of their plans for expansion beyond the 2 buildings (which were beautiful at the time), swimming pool, work out room, etc. We waited year after year and nothing except excuses We then learned the piece of property would never have allowed the expansion or pool they promised; it was all a lie. Around 2015, they requested an extra payment, explaining extra repairs were in needed, which I did not pay. However, I have faithfully paid my MF every other Jan, including Jan 2017. I then called to book my room on Interval in Sep 2017 and learned the Regency had been shut down and Internal would not accept my exchange. When I called the Grand Regency, they admitted this was the situation and promised I could stay at the Colonnade in 2018 (to make up for the week I lost in 2017). I made a reservation last Feb for the last week of July 2018. I called this morning, before making plane reservations, and, after 3 attempts, was told I was "on a list of people to call. The city shut us down and we don't know when we will open, so I need to cancel your reservation." I asked him where they would put us up for the week, since they defaulted on their end of the arrangement. He said he couldn't help me and that I should call the people who sent the letter about the 7/25 mtg. I feel Grand Regency owes the owners the value of the accommodations/transfer options they failed to provide. I talked to the Branson CofC and City Office; both said they had no information and were unaware the Colonnade had closed. I also left a message with the BBB and talked to the MO Attorney General Office; she told me about the complaint option. Please include me in future correspondence. Thanks. jlarsen@semhs.org