Report Abuse - 90641

Re: Resort management has changed from Southwind to the Colonnade

I'm with you. Good Management is free to send all the bills they want to whomever they want. But at the end of the day, if they want to pursue the collections route, they're going to have a difficult time. The property was so badly mismanaged that there is no way any contract is enforceable at this point. The LLC's that Inderjit established and that managed the properties breached the contract by failing to maintain them (whatsoever). The funds that WERE sent by owners were blatantly misdirected (into Inderjit's personal and other business entity accounts) and all of us owners now have nothing to show for our investment. For our $700+/ year in maintenance fees, the property was NOT maintained. Contracts broken. We all had an obligation to chip in and pay to maintain the property. That's how timeshares work. But the property owner has an obligation to actually maintain the property in usable condition. Unfortunately that did not happen in this case. I have no signed agreement with Good Management, no signed agreement with the lender. I never agreed to continue sending funds to GreenLake because they were ignorant enough to loan a stupid amount of money to a career criminal that fleeced us of funds and allowed the property securing their loan to fall into complete disrepair. I've been screwed once. Contract breached, I'm tapped out. GreenLake empowered Inderjit to do what he did to us. I'm playing no part in bailing them out of the mess they helped create.