Report Abuse

Re: Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

@Irene: "Susan sent me an unsolicited email encouraging me to contact her to help me get a refund from Diamond. " As I recall I was engaged in email communications with a mutual acquaintance (about TS reform). Unbeknownst to me, he suggested that you contact me. You then sent me an unsolicited email. Later, I very kindly offered to help you in any way I could with your own TS contract. If you had asked me how I planned to help, you would have been in a better position to judge me. Unfortunately, you responded by accusing me of being a scammer. I did not ask you for money. I did not refer you to an attorney. I did not contact you again after I responded to your accusatory email. In short, I didn't do any of the things "scammers" do. "The attorney I refer people to" Are you saying that you regularly refer people to a particular attorney? Doesn't this mean YOU are soliciting for an attorney? If so, you are doing exactly what Don says scammers do. And please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that "attorney" someone that specializes in brokering SURRENDERS? "The attorney I refer people to said that he is able to obtain a refund in less than five percent of the cases brought before him." So he has chosen to pursue a refund for 5% of his clients and he suggests that the other 95% take a surrender. This is ONE attorney telling you how he handles his clients. The information is relevant to THAT attorney and it does not represent how any other attorney would handle a TS claim. I'm sure he would be the first to admit to that fact. @Don and Irene: When others advise TS victims I don't usually see anyone suggest that the victim contact an attorney. I am here to offer that advice. People that disagree with my advice are free to explain why they believe some other option would be better for the victim. But I am hoping people can stick to discussing the merits of the various TS victim's options rather than trying to personally discredit the adviser. We are going to sound pretty foolish if we respond to every new victim by trying to discredit each other. I will continue to defend myself against disparaging comments. However I will take the high road and refrain from responding in kind. I think you both have some confirmation bias. If I turned out to be the Pope, I think you would still insist I am a scammer only you would add the accusation that I am also here with a religious agenda, lol! I have no illusions that I can get through to either of you. I am responding to your posts for the benefit of unbiased readers. Don, I will construct a "rant" that covers all of a TS victim's options without your input. I can always adjust it accordingly based on feedback and input from other posters.