Report Abuse - 80883

Re: Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

[Q=donp196] You have a better chance of winning the Nigerian lottery than finding an attorney that will take the case on a contingency basis. Be prepared to put money upfront and waiting at least six years to get it through the courts. That is the way the system works. By then then you might get offered a trinket for a settlement. The attorneys will make a ton of money whether you win or lose. Don't forget that during this period you will have to continue to pay the maintenance fees every year. As far as transparency good luck. If you are lucky enough to talk to a staff member you will be told " we'll get back to you ". I have no stake in this matter. I'm just letting everyone know the way the system works. Don't shoot the messenger.[/Q] 1. I know several attorneys that take TS cases on a contingency basis! Many states award attorney's fees to a winning plaintiff. So why wouldn't an attorney, that believes he has a strong case, take it on a contingency? 2. When you speak of six years I assume you are referring to a class action? An individual case should be resolved in less than a year. 3. If you bring an individual action against a TS, you will not pay any maintenance fees while the action is pending.