Report Abuse - 72874

Re: Dream Travel Condos anyone?

I thought I would add my experiences dealing with Tonya and Dream Travel. Dream Travel offered an amazing deal on an apartment in Waikiki Hawaii. It was worth the risk to pay her directly to secure the place over the busy Xmas/New year period. Initially all was good although we didn't receive the agreement until closer to the date of departure months later after noticing and requesting a copy. A day before we were meant to check in I received an email from Tonya advising me that the contacts she had fell through for some reason or another... I did not check my email and thus on check in discovered the complex had no record of me. This was an awful situation to be in and super stressful. I can understand these things happen but judging based on online conversations I was super stressed and it really isn't a great way to start a holiday. After numerous emails as Tonya did not answer calls we were booked into the Marriot. Bit of confusion at the Marriot over whose credit card was being charged but it got sorted. Marriot was lovely for a few days but we did not want to be in a hotel we wanted a self contained apartment on the otherside of Waikiki! In the end Tonya came through and for the 9 remaining days we got the apartment we wanted. I was very grateful to be in the apartment at the Wyndham and it was lovely - I can't fault her on that. And she never left us totally in the lurch we had a nice roof over our heads and I am happy about that. I do think that perhaps she needs to consider how she operates her business and be more forthcoming... if she is able to receive places at last minute then tell the customer this is the case - I would have been prepared and actually ok with that. Personally I cannot call her a scam at all because she didn't take our money and then not find us reasonable places to stay. I can say that she should be more forthcoming in how she books places and advise customers this is what could happen and not sit on excuses eg: loss of relationship with owner etc. Would I book again? - probably not based on the check in stress. Would I book again if she had told me that things might change last minute - yes very likely because I know she won't leave me without a place to stay. That's the risk to take she offers great deals and is a small business. I would only suggest she just let customers know if things have to change at the last minute be assured I will find you a place to stay "similar"and in a close by location... she did come through in the end like i already said. I hope this helps future customers by just being aware if you get a great deal through her - it could change at the last minute but she will find you alternatives. This might just be my experience and I am sure there are probably many totally satisfied customers who have not felt the need to express their experiences.