Report Abuse - 72816

Re: Dream Travel Condos anyone?

I am sorry to say that I experienced almost the identical horrible situation. I booked and paid in full for my family vacation with Dream Travel for the Marriott Surf Club over 7 months in advance. Only after constant requests, was I told, only 6 days in advance, that we may not have the reservation we paid for. My name was actually put on a reservation with Marriott (confirmed by the hotel) and removed less than 24 hours before we were to board our plane for Aruba. We were forced to find alternative accommodations (with no assistance by Dream Travel) at the very last minute. Because it was the busiest week of the year, we could only book a few days at 3 different hotels resulting in moving every few days and incurring additional cost of more than $2000. Based on the various excuses Tonya provided along the way, I naively believed her (shame on me). We were also told by Marriott hotel management that there were another two families who booked thru Dream Travel who actually arrived at the Marriott Surf Club on Dec 28th only to find out that they had no reservation (we were told that they were crying in the lobby) and were turned away. Dream Travel returned the money I paid them - but what good was that when our vacation was ruined and we had to spend thousands more just to have a room somewhere on the island. Please do whatever you can to ensure that no other unknowing travellers are deceived by this company ... A truly horrible experience.