Report Abuse - 57618

Wyndham Buy back Program

[Q=gailm69] I have received a few calls from folks saying they are Wyndham wanting to get your points. I called Wyndham to verify and was told NO, THIS IS A SCAM--they don't deal with people like that. If anything is legitimate, Wyndham will contact you in writing. I have learned at an update last yr that they do offer a buy back program for VIP owners....matter of fact, Wyndham has right to first refusal to rebuy. I had another timeshare in Daytona Beach (not Wynham) that kept being bought by different companies, tried to sell it back --they offered no assistance....eventually I did a Quit Claim Deed which has to be filed in the county where your purchase is located--you get nothing, but you sign the deed over to the timeshare folks and you are off the deed and off the hook--chalk that bad deal up to experience learned. BUT I've had relatively good luck with Wyndham...boils down to getting a good travel advisor that knows their business and is concerned about taking care of YOU.[/Q] Just because you signed a quit claim deed doesn't mean you're off the hook. The developer or HOA has to agree to take a deed back in order for it to be legally legitimate.