Report Abuse - 24443

Re: Anyone have experience with Preston Green or Americap International Corp

Today I received an email from this Preston Green with a phn # to call him..so I did (we have a rental posted on Redweek). He was very aggressive and said he had a client for me to rent our unit...I had to finally hang up on him to get rid of him as we are not interested in going through a brokerage to rent out our unit. Is he supposed to be using Redweek to snag customers? If not..well...he is! we didn't bite and hope others stay away from him too....smell a bad rat here!! =============================================== I was looking at the "Timeshares Wanted" section at vacationtimesharerentals.com. Preston Green's name popped up a few times. So I guess he is spreading his wings. ================================================ Well, Preston Green is certainly spreading SOMETHING -- check the soles of your shoes to make sure you don't track any of it into the house..... Having already personally witnessed (and subsequently reported on) Preston Green's "gig" before, it's pretty clear to me that he routinely trolls around the various timeshare sites (TUG, RedWeek, etc.) scouting ads. He then offers to "broker" a rental to (alleged) waiting customers who are supposedly looking for something in particular. Once he has a unit as "inventory", he evidently then seeks out a renter and just marks up the rental fee beyond the owners' stated requirements --- and pockets the difference. My interpretation and opinion is that it's just an opportunistic business --- not necessarily shaky or illegal in any way, just an opportunistic venture whose very existence is entirely unnecessary (except perhaps to his own bank account). Personally, I just plain did not like the man's style one bit and I very quickly wanted nothing more to do with him (and I made that sentiment very clearly known to him). In short summary, I don't think he can do anything for any timeshare owner that the timeshare owner can't do on their own --- without any of his involvement or "mark up".