Report Abuse - 24325

Re: We Collect Timeshares, LLC

[Q=ken1193] [Q=william8] Now we'd like to hear from jonathang18..who supposedly works for this "Christian" organization..[/Q] ================================================= You may or may not be aware (posts were quoted extensively at the time in other forums here) that the state of Washington licensing folks went after this company a few months ago, individually naming Jonathan and Christine Gibbs (company principals) in the charges, which were apparently filed as a prelude to the state seeking a formal "cease and desist" order. The "beef" against "We Collect Timeshares" evidently stemmed from the principals failing to put deeds in their own names after acquiring them but before re-selling them again, which in effect allegedly constituted estate brokerage without a license. I don't know the outcome of these enforcement actions initiated by the state of Washington, but I sincerely doubt that the Gibbs' legal counsel wants them having much (indeed, anything whatsoever) to say in an informal Internet "chat" forum such as this one. Accordingly, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath waiting to hear back from Jonathan Gibbs here in these forums...[/Q] But there are still folks like me who continue to receive "Postcards" from this WCT company. Like anybody else I guess they can continue to do business as usual until somebody shuts them down..Let's move on to someone else like Wyndham Resorts and their underhanded "give us your deeded week and we'll convert you to points for only an additional $30,000!" That was a real ripper there..Happened in San Antonio where they have built a new resort, that is not on the Riverwalk anyway, and they already had Riverside Suites which is an old historic building converted to Timeshare Condos (very nice indeed and directly on the Riverwalk) but now they are no longer pushing the Suites and are going head over heels to promote the new resort. Only thing is I believe they have violated the agreement with the owners in Riverside by discontinuing sales of timeshare intervals at Riverside Suites while the property is still less than 75% sold. Any legal eagles out there wish to comment?