Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

[Q=rickk136] I'm glad you only loss your time. We lost our money to them also. I really wished I did more research on the internet about them. This is my story about their deceitful practices that Myan Resorts, Vida Vacations, and their partners use. Simply put, avoid MYAN RESORTS and their sale practices at all costs!! Don't believe me, a simple Google Search "Grand Mayan Scam" will pull up all the information you need. I've provided a few links to make this more convenient for you. My story is very similar to the thousands of others out there but I want to publish this to as many people as possible. If you are interested in my story please continue to read and also see the response from Grand Mayan below. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=124478 http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138856 http://grand-mayan-resorts.pissedconsumer.com/grand-luxxe-grand-mayan-scam-20120423314135.html The fraudulent misrepresentation starts when you walk through the doors. They will offer you free breakfast and a tour of the resort. The resort is huge, so it appears to be a wise choice and they claim this will not take up much of your time. What they do not share with you is the truth. You will be attending a high pressure sales presentation that will consume your entire day to the point where you feel the need to buy something to get out of the room. Even through all this, I was still able to accept the initial lie and was participating as a willing listener. What I did not realize is that everything they were telling me continued to be lies and consistent from all three high pressure sales people they forced me to listen to before I could sign out and leave. I've been through timeshare presentations and even made a purchase in the past, but this one is much different. Previous companies may pressure you, but are not willing to flat out lie to you. My other timeshare has been reputable and everything I expected. This is not the case with Mayan Resorts and Vida Vacations. Mayan Resorts does this day in and day out to hundreds of people and takes their hard earned money. They ask for you to rent the weeks through another company they work with and you will get $1000.00 to $1500.00 back for each week you own. They claim the only way you would not be able to rent it is if a natural disaster happens. The company they asked me to work with was Golf Marketing Connections because the golfers they work with need places to stay when they travel to Mexico for golf. This company also collects money from you (see below) to rent the weeks, but the upfront fee is worth it because it will help you pay for your investment. They will also sell your current timeshare for an estimated price that is provided to you. THESE ARE ALL LIES COMING FROM MAYAN RESORTS AND VIDA VACATIONS!!! These companies are a 'front' and it appears their websites are even fake. You are willing to give your hard earned money to the overpriced Mayan Resorts because they have assured you that you will get it back through rental and selling your current timeshare. They know darn well that this a LIE and the company they use to help you with this is also a scam working together!! You find out about the fraudulent misrepresentation when you get home and start contacting these companies and follow the instructions you've been told. The website links don't even work!! This is a scam and continues to happen day in and day out the minute your plane hits the ground in Mexico. Unless you've been burned by them before, educated about this, or much skeptical of people than I am.......you will get trapped. Just avoid these people, the resorts, and any business partners associated with them.[/Q] Have you reported this to PROFECO (the consumer protection agency in Mexico)? You can google for contact info.